Working Student (m/f/d)
World Wide Fund for Nature
Bei: WWF Deutschland
Bereich: Sonstige Tätigkeitsfelder
Arbeitsort: Berlin, Deutschland
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the best-known nature conservation organizations in the world. With projects in over a hundred countries, we pursue the goal of preserving the biological diversity of our planet - right where it counts.
WWF Germany is an independent part of this global network. Through our own initiatives and qualified lobbying in public relations, business and politics, we translate WWF's goals into action in Germany. We succeed in doing so primarily thanks to motivated and qualified employees: people who know their stuff; people who pitch in and give a hand; people who consider nature and species conservation to be not only a job - but as a conviction that together we can create a future worth living. And our employees are enthusiastically involved.
Do you identify with the goals of the WWF? Do you share our conviction? To strengthen our department Markets & Business, subject area Economy & Markets in Berlin, we are looking for a qualified person for the next possible date for a limited time span (15.08.2023) for part time employment (20 hours a week) for the following position:
Working Student (m/f/d) Biodiversity Risk Analysis
- Operational tool support for the Biodiversity Risk Filter Team
- Data cleaning/data wrangling
- Support on tool maintenance tasks and further development of the WWF Risk Filter Suite
- Support on risk analyses for WWF corporate partnerships e.g., data analysis and visualization, pot. interpretation of results
- Content creation, e.g., presentations and information/communication material
- Address feedback e-mails/questions from WWF Risk Filter Suite users
- Research work
- Currently studying a master’s degree in the fields of Environmental/Natural Resources Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Informatics, Physical Geography, GIS, Geomatics, Geoinformation, or related fields
- Knowledge of GIS and data analysis, including programing/scripting languages (R or Python) as well as ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online, or strong interest to learn more
- Desirable experience with biodiversity data, or strong interest to learn more
- Good communication and writing skills and ability to interact convincingly with people at various levels of seniority and diverse cultural backgrounds are desirable
- Business fluent in English (writing and speaking). Other languages are an advantage
- a meaningful task for our planet
- great colleagues and the greatest possible scope for creativity
- flat hierarchies and short distances, centrally located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte (near train station Friedrichstraße)
- flexible working hours, home office and 30 days holiday entitlement (up to 3 weeks in a row)
- play at the very front or simply be part of the WWF choir, band, football or volleyball team
- celebrate success or enjoy breaks with coffee and colleagues over the roofs of Berlin
In that case, we are looking forward to getting to know you. Kindly forward to us your application stating your salary expectations and your availability – directly online through our application form, or by email. If you have any questions, Krystina Griesse would be glad to help you.
Last but not least:As an international organization, we support a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We therefore welcome every application - regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and political views.
WWF Deutschland - People & Culture - Krystina Griesse - Reinhardtstraße 18 - 10117 Berlin