World Wide Fund for Nature
30+ days ago
Bei: WWF Deutschland
Bereich: Sonstige Tätigkeitsfelder
Arbeitsort: Berlin, Deutschland
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the best-known nature conservation organizations in the world. With projects in over a hundred countries, we pursue the goal of preserving the biological diversity of our planet - right where it counts.
WWF Germany is an independent part of this global network. Through our own initiatives and qualified lobbying in public relations, business and politics, we translate WWF's goals into action in Germany. We succeed in doing so primarily thanks to motivated and qualified employees: people who know their stuff; people who pitch in and give a hand; people who consider nature and species conservation to be not only a job - but as a conviction that together we can create a future worth living. And our employees are enthusiastically involved.
The (BNS) Network brings together various groups and teams of WWF to pool knowledge, resources and learnings to ensure that BNS are a tool that is understood and leveraged in WWF. Our BNS vision is to a) identify and/or support bankable projects, companies or ventures with a positive impact for nature and people at a landscape level, with a positive financial return, and b) influence and create financial flows to these investments by originating, supporting and accessing internal, or external, funds and facilities.
The BNS network interlinks with the finance sector work of WWF. Financial flows, both public and private, are key to ensure the planet’s boundaries, to enable transformation from currently unsustainable activities along sustainable pathways and to deliver nature positive contributions. WWF works on concepts for such guidance, with financial institutions of all areas as well as the regulatory frameworks – in Germany, Europe and globally.
Do you identify with the goals of the WWF? Do you share our conviction? To strengthen our department Markets & Business, subject area Financial Markets in Berlin, we are looking for a qualified person as soon as possible for a limited time span of three years for full time employment for the following position:
Coordinator (m/f/d) Bankable Nature Solutions
We are looking for a Bankable Nature Solutions (BNS) coordinator who will actively sharpen and coordinate WWFs collaborative BNS programme:
- act as the central lead for all bankable activities in the WWF Network
- strategically support WWF offices on project origination, engagement with investees, investors and other financial institutions
- delivering or coordinating the training of colleagues in conservation departments on concepts of impact investing and bankable projects, and how to link to landscape approach and existing WWF activities
- building relationships with relevant internal and external groups and organisations
- project management, incl. coordination, planning, implementation and reporting of BNS programme activities
- scheduling and coordination of the BNS calls, responsibility for BNS databases and internal webpage
- a Master’s degree in the field of Economics, Finance or Business
- preferably 5 years of experience in business development, private sector finance and/or impact investment
- strong financial and budgeting experience
- fluent in English
- experience with public donors and financial institutions would be an advantage
- proven organizational, diplomatic and negotiating skills that yield positive results on the sustainability agenda, especially as it relates to the finance and business world
- strong ability to lead the implementation of large-sized projects, including working with and coordinating funding partners, third parties and users
- ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals across cultures and time zones
- independent worker, pro-active in thinking about opportunities to further improve the work
- excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- experience of working in emerging markets is an asset
- strong interest in nature conservation and the mission of WWF
- prior experience in assessing financial institutions and climate risks would be an advantage
- a meaningful task for our planet
- great colleagues and the greatest possible scope for creativity
- flat hierarchies and short distances, centrally located in the heart of Berlin-Mitte (near train station Friedrichstraße)
- flexible working hours, home office and 30 days holiday entitlement (up to 3 weeks in a row)
- capital-accumulation benefits in accordance with legal regulations; after 3 years of service also company pension scheme
- optional incentives for sports, family care, lifestyle or JobTicket (total of 528€ per year)
- play at the very front or simply be part of the WWF choir, band, football or volleyball team
- celebrate success or enjoy breaks with coffee and colleagues over the roofs of Berlin
Convinced?In that case, we are looking forward to getting to know you. Kindly forward to us your application stating your salary expectations and your availability – directly online through our application form, or by email. If you have any questions, Eveline Werner would be glad to help you.
Last but not least:As an international organization, we support a working environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We therefore welcome every application - regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and political views.
WWF Deutschland - People & Culture - Eveline Werner - Reinhardtstraße 18 - 10117 Berlin