Video Production Intern
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
As the video production intern, you will support the core communication team in developing new videos for all digital platforms, working to research footage, coordinate production and editing, and provide other logistical support. In addition, you will provide general support to the Core Communication team including with operations, scheduling, media relations, writing, events, and other duties as required. The position requires someone who is familiar with video production, and is creative, a strong writer, highly organized, and enthusiastic. An interest in environmental issues and/or international development is highly desirable. This position will sit on the core communications team, working closely with the Video Production Specialist, and report to the Creative Director.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
- Working on the Core Communication team and interact with staff in different programs, centers and international offices
- Gaining exposure to one of the leading global research organizations with a focus on the environment and international development
- Providing general support to the Core Communication team, including writing, media relations, presentations, events and more
- Responsibility for supporting meetings and general coordination to the team which may require logistics, travel, scheduling meetings, taking notes, and other duties as required
- Professional experience working on video projects, with an understanding of video production and editing
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or Apple Final Cut Pro. After Effects experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Recent undergraduate or graduate student in video production is desirable
- Creativity and a strong visual sense
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral communications
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
The pay range for this internship opportunity is between $15-18/hour, commensurate with qualifications.
Duration and Location
- This is a full-time, 6-months internship with flexible start and end dates based on the student’s availability and need for the project.
- This is a remote-based internship with the option to work out of the Washington D.C. office once it reopens.
- WRI will provide a laptop for the duration of your internship.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Program Overview (for Internship):
WRI Core Communications team, based largely in Washington DC, oversees strategy and outreach for the Institute in support of WRI leadership, program, centers and international offices. Communications is crucial to WRI’s success at achieving rapid, systemic changes. The global communications team strives to work as an integrated global network to expand WRI’s reach, reputation and impact.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, and other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender, racial, and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.