Talent Acquisition Specialist
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will have the opportunity to source, recruit, hire, and staff talent who are striving to make a measurable difference in our organization and for the planet. We hire new staff every year in the US in fields such as research, project management, finance, communications, and more in our different programs and centers. In this position, you will work closely with the Global Talent Acquisition team based in the US, and you will primarily manage US-based searches.
You will be supported by the rest of the team in the Global Office Team.
You will report to the Global Office Director of Talent Acquisition.
This position will work remotely due to Covid-19 but will work out of the Washington, DC office once Covid restrictions are lifted. Possibility of some remote working;
What you will do:
- Manage the recruitment process of positions from entry-level to mid-level staff
- Support the Global Talent Acquisition Director on national and international searches
- Conduct initial phone screenings with potential candidates
- Coordinate virtual interviews between candidates, hiring managers, and panel interview participants across multiple locations to include tracking hiring team participation and communicating schedule details with candidates
- Ensure an excellent candidate experience from application to hire
- Complete reference checks and administers work sample exercises
- Negotiate offers and close searches
- Support reporting and analysis requirements
- Lead all aspects of the posting of the internship positions on the HRIS and other external sourcing sites
- Assist hiring managers and candidates through the entire recruiting and hiring process for interns
- Be the point of contact for all intern recruiting questions coming from internal staff and internship candidates
- Education: Master's degree, or a bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years of relevant, full-time work experience
- Experience: Minimum of three years of full-time work experience related to the functions of talent acquisition, sourcing, and talent attraction strategies, as well as full-cycle recruiting with advanced proficiency in using Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) required
- Knowledge and use of LinkedIn Recruiter is required
- Strong sourcing skills in social media strategy, campaigns, and pipeline-building strategies are highly desired
- Languages: Excellent command of English. Knowledge of a second language is desired.
- Requirements: US work authorization is required. WRI is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Potential Salary: $53,000 - $68,000; Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors
How to Apply:
Please submit a personalized cover letter with your resume. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America, and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission-driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to a hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days increase with tenure.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.