Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
21 days ago
About the program:
There isn't a silver bullet, or a single pressure point to tackle the climate crisis. It will require an army of actors, a menu of pathways and an array of interventions in the right places. Tailoring approaches to these unique situations is the sweet spot for the Climate Program at World Resources Institute. We help policymakers, businesses and civil society at the local, national and international levels advance the deep structural shifts necessary to address climate change.
As the Climate Program's Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager, you will be Climate Program's go-to person for advancing our social media and broader digital communications strategies. You will develop our social media content, maintain the day-to-day growth and health of our channels, and utilize analytics to improve how we engage stakeholders. An important daily function of this role also includes conceptualizing, creating social media visuals (via Canva or similar tools) as well as overseeing their development by others. In addition to a strong emphasis on digital marketing and communications, a part of your role will include support broader communications outreach across the Climate Program for specific projects.
You will be supported by an 8-person communications team with the Climate Program and dozens of specialists on the institute-wide Core Communications team.
You will report to the Climate Program's communications director.
What you will do:
Community Management (40%)
Compose and publish content daily to WRI Climate's social media channels – including eye-catching visuals - using best practices and channel-specific functionalities.
- Provide training and ongoing coaching for Climate Program staff to effectively use social media to promote their expertise and analysis and participate in online conversations
- Oversee strategic use of paid social ad and Google SEM campaigns, which are centrally managed by the Core Communications team and contractors.
- Use analytics and conduct audience analysis to inform future outreach strategies and tactics
Digital Asset Production (25%)
Create visual assets for use on several social channels, websites, PowerPoints, and more (e.g., social tiles, videos, infographics, animated GIFs, etc.)
- Help manage an editorial calendar, while also curating and organizing content for reuse and amplification by other WRI programs and partners
- Working with WRI's design team, maintain a library of tools and templates to improve production and ensure brand and messaging consistency
Develop and execute strategic digital communication plans in close coordination with the Climate Program communications team. These plans will include social media, email marketing, videos, podcasts, paid ads, website updates and more
- Develop and execute creative ways to translate analysis and policy recommendations into compelling storylines tailored for social media channels
- Help elevate WRI Climate's social media presence and performance through sophisticated and novel outreach strategies and campaigns (e.g. producing timely, engaging videos designed to perform well on specific channels)
- Keep track of emerging social media trends, techniques, and tools
General Communications Support (15%)
Provide additional support for specific projects. This will include but not limited to developing communication strategies, producing newsletters, overseeing publication production processes, writing articles, emails, op-eds and website content, organizing webinars, identifying media opportunities and much more.
What you will need:
Education: You have a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant subject
- Experience: You have 6+ years of relevant, full-time professional experience creating and implementing communications strategies
- Experience managing social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Experience executing successful multi-channel social media campaigns
- Experience creating compelling visuals and videos
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Canva, etc
- Fluency in navigating analytics tools, including Facebook Business Manager, Insights, Ads Managers, Google Analytics, etc
- Languages: You have verbal and written proficiency/fluency in English.
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required at the time of application. WRI is unable to sponsor work authorization for this position.
Potential Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of January 6, 2023. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.