About the Program:
You will report to the Head of Product as your anchor manager and the General Manager of the product as your outcomes manager.
You will develop a roadmap that outlines what actions needed to be taken by teams in order for the product to be successful. You will oversee all aspects of the product development process including analysis, design, testing, and integration between digital products. You will oversee all aspects of the operation of the product.
You will be supported by the Head of Product, the General Manager of the product, the Product Engineer Lead, a team of engineers, Product Specialists, program staff, and GIS support as required.
What will you do:
Develop and execute the product strategy (20% time)
- Analyze market research and competitor analysis to identify opportunities and inform product strategy
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define product vision, goals and roadmap
- Develop and maintain product backlog, prioritize features, assess tradeoffs and ensure alignment with strategy
- Create and present product requirements and updates to different stakeholders
Manage the Product life cycle (50% time):
- Define and manage product requirements and timelines, ensuring all necessary stakeholders and aware of and aligned to product goals
- Coordinate and communicate with cross functional teams (i.e. engineering, research etc,) to ensure timely deliverables of product features and support
- Oversee quantitative and qualitative feedback collection to inform ongoing product needs and optimization
- Manage vendor procurement for product development
- Maintain and oversee updates of product processes for data updates, releases, testing, and documentation of key decisions as they relate to product growth
Drive customer engagement (20% time):
- Implement tools and processes to measure and track product usage, performance and customer satisfaction and use this data to inform decisions on future enhancements
- Monitor and analyze product usage and customer feedback to continuously improve the product experience and customer retention
- Collaborate with engagement and comms teams to develop and execute go to market strategies and plans
- Oversee and drive continuous improvement into the customer onboarding, account management, updates to written site content, maintenance, and support processes
Collaborate cross functionally (10% time):
- Manage and resolve cross functional dependencies and conflicts to ensure resolutions
- Lead cross functional meetings and presentations to update stakeholders on product development progress and gather feedback
- Facilitate communication and collaboration across teams to ensure that all stakeholders are informed and aligned on product vision, goals and timelines
- Represent product needs during annual and ongoing budget discussions
- Be a point of contact for grant and funding proposals and reporting as relevant for the product
- Contribute to WRI’s Data Lab community of practice for technology staff
- Mentor, motivate, grow knowledge and skills of assigned employees, both direct and indirect
What will you need:
- Education: You have a completed Bachelor's Degree in a related field (Computer Science, International Development, Environmental Science, etc.)
- Experience: You have 7+ years’ full-time relevant experience in digital product development related to remote sensing.
- Experience working in a commercial SaaS product startup or similar.
- Experience presenting to and collaborating with cross functional groups.
- Experience prioritizing product development and leading sprint planning sessions.
- Experience in Agile product development including scrum and the associated processes and tools.
- Experience working with private sector stakeholders.
- Familiarity with geospatial data a plus
- Familiar with the sustainability challenges of the agriculture sector and commodity-driven deforestation.
- Languages: English required, Spanish, Portuguese, or Bahasa are a plus
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization
How to Apply:Please submit a resume with cover letterby the dateofNovember14,2023.You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI
- Commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence and Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment; we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.