Research Analyst II, UN Climate Finance
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
20 days ago
This position will be based out of Washington DC and will be a hybrid model of remote and required in-office work. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor any visa work sponsorship for this position.
About the Program:
WRI’s Sustainable Finance Center works to shift the world’s financial flows to support sustainable development and climate action. We produce data-driven, policy-actionable research and convene coalitions that can influence financial institutions and markets. Our work is structured around five key themes: (1) financing NDC implementation, (2) “greening” private sector finance, (3) strengthening public financial institutions, (4) encouraging the U.S. and China to be sustainable finance champions, and (5) UN Climate Finance.
In this role, you will support WRI’s work on international climate finance. You will work closely with the staff in both the Finance Center and WRI’s Climate Program, as well as others across WRI. You will contribute to research and the writing of high-quality and innovative research products that are designed to influence and improve the international climate finance architecture, with a particular focus on US international climate finance.
What will you do:
- Conduct research, analysis and engagement focused on US international and domestic climate finance, including decisionmakers within Congress and other government entities
- Conduct research and analysis on topics related to UNFCCC processes and negotiations, multilateral climate funds and development banks, or other elements of the international climate finance regime
- Co-author, review and contribute to the development of reports, issue briefs and articles
- Contribute to research-based communications products
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences, and other dissemination activities
- Complete administrative tasks related to project implementation
What will you need:
- Education: You have a completed bachelor’s degree in finance, economics/environmental economics, environmental studies, or in a related field
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years full-time relevant work experience ideally in one of the following topic areas: public climate funds and other development finance institutions, US international climate policy, and/or design and implementation of climate mitigation and adaptation projects
- Experience writing research-based reports with a focus on analytical research; experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Demonstrated experience in communicating research internally or externally
- Languages: English required, Spanish or French desirable
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
The salary range for this position is 69,000 USD - 78,000 USD if filled by a candidate located and legally able to work in the US. Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of March 17, 2023. You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organisation with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our Human Resources team carefully reviews all applications.