Global Forest Watch Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Internship
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
The Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Intern of Global Forest Watch (GFW) contributes to the initiative’s MEL efforts under the supervision of the Senior Manager of MEL for Data Platforms and the GFW deputy director. This is an opportunity to learn to apply methods to document outputs, outcomes, and impact-level project results. You will gain experience in reporting, donor relations, data management, and presentations.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
Support MEL strategy at GFW
- Contribute to the design and implementation of MEL strategies for GFW
- Support communication with GFW staff on tools and strategies, reporting requirements, and lessons learned
- Support Project Performance Data Gathering and Sythesis
- You will support efforts to document GFW’s project status using user stories and other metrics
- Help to maintain consistent data collection methods for indicators, in spreadsheets and other systems
- Compile program data and document progress toward outcomes for internal and external communication/reports
- Support coordination with platform, engagement, and communications teams to compile data from all channels including:
- Google analytics, social media analytics, trainings, user feedback, small grants reports, user stories and more
- Support the management and processing of spatial data on forests and monitoring as needed
- Support for Program Reporting
- Maintain a reporting calendar
- Engage in donor relations regarding reports
- Contribute to draft reports and support submission to donors
- Contribute to and support progress presentations to ensure data utilization for decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree, (Master preferred)
- Experience in Monitoring Evaluation and Learning through course work or past experience
- Options for remote or in-office internship
The pay range for this internship opportunity is between $16-20/hour, commensurate with qualifications.
Duration and Location
- This is a full-time, 6-months internship with flexible start and end dates based on the student’s availability and need for the project.
- This is a remote-based internship with the option to work out of the Washington D.C. office once it reopens.
- WRI will provide a laptop for the duration of your internship.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Program Overview (for Internship):
WRI’s Forests program seeks to encourage better governance and management of the world’s forests and degraded land to enhance socio-economic growth and opportunity, improve ecosystem services and mitigate the drivers and effects of climate change. Global Forest Watch (GFW) contributes to this mission by increasing transparency of forest management information to support better forest governance. GFW is an online forest monitoring and alert system that unites satellite technology, open data and crowdsourcing to guarantee access to timely and reliable information about forests. The platform contains a trove of forest data, including the most frequently updated information currently available about forest change. This data can be viewed, analyzed and downloaded for free. For more information please visit www.globalforestwatch.org.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, and other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender, racial, and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.