Gift Administration Coordinator
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
This position is based in our Washington, DC, office and can be a hybrid position. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor any visa work sponsorship for this position.
About the Program:
The Global Development Department coordinates all fundraising at WRI. More specifically, we are responsible for expanding relationships with key institutional funders across all funding sectors, raising and stewarding flexible core institutional funding from European bilateral aid agencies, working with our programs/centers of excellence/international offices to identify new prospects and increase funding from existing donors, raising unrestricted funds, and overseeing WRI Board governance and work in partnership with WRI Board to leverage fundraising and relationship building. Global Development also facilitates and coordinates approaches to funders, assists coordinating funding approaches, guides proposal development on cross-network proposals, and manages funder related information and giving histories in Salesforce. The Development team also facilitates gift administration, revenue reporting, as well as hosts events to steward key funders and raise unrestricted funds.
In this role, you will play a central role in gift administration for the Global Development Department. Your daily work will include processing and acknowledging donations, managing donor records and information, revenue reporting, liaising with donors and certain teams across the institute, and supporting the Individual Philanthropy team.
You will be supported by the Development Operations and Individual Philanthropy teams.
You will report to the Development Operations Associate for the Global Development Department.
This position will be a hybrid model of remote and in-office. Candidates must be able to work from the DC office at least two days per week.
What you will do:
Gift Administration (75%)
- Process and track unrestricted and non-grant revenue for Individual, Family Foundation, Corporate, and Other Institution donors in Salesforce accurately and efficiently; track payments for flexible and restricted gifts from centrally managed donors; and support gift administration for international offices
- Manage and facilitate gift acknowledgment process for Individual and Family Foundation donors
- Manage FreeWill portal and facilitate entry of planned gift intentions in Salesforce; report on planned giving revenue to Individual Philanthropy team
- Serve as point of contact for stock donations, credit card payment processor, and individuals who need support donating
Individual Sector Support (25%)
- Report on Individual and Family Foundations funds raised daily
- Develop and manage gift administration dashboard and review with Individual Philanthropy team
- Support in the development of Classy campaigns and donation pages
- Provide ad hoc support to the Individual Philanthropy team for mailings, events, and special projects
What you will need:
- Education: You have a completed Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: You have experience with and knowledge of Salesforce CRM. Experience working in a development operation or prior fundraising experience preferred, but not required. Experience and comfort working independently, in repetition, and on administrative projects. Experience managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Languages: Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
$49,000-$60,000 Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors. WRI offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of September 21, 2022. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Our culture: WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.