Georgetown University Internship: Land Accelerator Intern
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
Program Overview (for Internship):
The Land Accelerator is an exciting program and curated network for entrepreneurs who restore degraded forests and farmland. It is anchored by an intensive week-long workshop when the cohort meets in person. There is no fee to join, and the program does not take equity. Please read more at https://www.wri.org/initiatives/land-accelerator
Additional links about the internship
- Hire Talent from Georgetown Startup Interns (GSI) - Georgetown Entrepreneurship
This intern must be a current undergrad or graduate student at Georgetown University
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of the ongoing Land Accelerators in Africa and South Asia
- Attend team meetings, take notes, and make recommendations on operational decisions the team can take
- Play a role in organizing, analyzing and presenting data, such as business and investor information of various Land Accelerator companies
- Work in a multi-cultural environment
The intern will coordinate with the internship manager, Amanda Gant, and various communications staff across WRI’s Global Restoration Initiative on the following projects:
- Evaluate accelerator websites and create a ppt presentation making recommendations on improving The Land Accelerator site
- Create mini-profiles of entrepreneurs for use within the cohort to help the companies better network with one another
- Create draft templates of communication documents including: project updates, company profiles, PowerPoint presentation
- Organize these documents in a folder that can be accessed by all Land Accelerator Colleagues
- Have follow-up calls with Land Accelerator alumni
- The goal is to understand where the entrepreneurs are, and which ones have had investments, and to collect current Slide Decks for our online library of alumni slide decks
- Research and interview speakers and mentors from the Land Accelerators to create unique blog posts
- Help with blogs, events and/ or other communications efforts
Internship Learning Outcomes:
You should have an interest in learning about business models within the environmental space and should feel excited at the opportunity to interact with internationally-based entrepreneurs and mentors. You should have an interest in learning techniques to help entrepreneurs grow, but do not need to have prior experience in this field.
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Land Restoration – Through familiarization with business models that restore land
- Startup Acceleration – Through attending key Land Accelerator training sessions
- Monitoring and evaluation – Through outreach to Land Accelerator alumni to gather information to inform investments and provide project updates
- Communications – Through creating a draft communications workplan for the team
- Building partnerships – Through brainstorming partnership ideas, and attending and taking notes for and making recommendations following partnership calls
- This internship is affiliated with Georgetown Startup Interns. Learn more at eship.georgetown.edu/GSI
- We seek interns with diverse backgrounds and who are passionate about the environment to help us make a direct global impact
- Fast learner with strong skills in conducting research and working with Microsoft Office tools
- Extremely well organized and able to perform effectively in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Comfortable interning remotely
Duration and Location
- This is a part-time, 3-months internship with flexible start and end dates based on the student’s availability and need for the project.
- This is a remote-based internship with the option to work out of the Washington D.C. office once it reopens.
- WRI will provide a laptop for the duration of your internship.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: August 7, 2022. Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, and other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender, racial, and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.