Executive Assistant, Forest Program
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
3 days ago
About the Program:
WRI’s Forests Program works to with governments, entrepreneurs, and civil society to sustain forests for future generations. We aim to curb deforestation worldwide and help restore and reforest already-cleared land.
In this role, you will enhance the effectiveness of the Forest Program by providing administrative support for the Global Forest Director and the Director of Land and Carbon Lab. You will work in close coordination with both Directors, anticipating needs, proactively resolving problems, and ensuring timely preparation of all travel, event, and meeting materials. You will be the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, and act with a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
You will report to the Global Forest Director and the Director of Land and Carbon Lab.
This position will be based in the DC office and will be a hybrid model of remote and in-office.
What you will do:
Administrative Support (40%)
- Manage all travel bookings including securing travel visas and advising on travel immunizations when needed.
- Prepare and monitor expense reports and timesheets to ensure timely submission, approval, and charging.
- Provide swift, effective IT support for Directors as necessary.
- Organize, run, and help create agendas for meetings.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by Directors.
- Work as part of a core team to improve administrative systems and processes.
- Maintain email lists and manage software accounts (Salesforce, Slack, Monday, etc.) for the program and ensure content is up to date on the Program’s wiki site and intranet page.
- Support other operations activities when staff are backlogged by processing subagreement requests, payment requests, invoices, etc.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously and proactively.
- Serve as a trusted ‘go-to’ person for Forest Program and Land and Carbon Lab and advises on internal processes.
Meeting and Event Coordination (30%)
- Play lead role in organizing programmatic retreats and activities.
- Ensure smooth execution of program-sponsored events through planning, logistics, outreach and preparation of background material.
- Provide technical, AV support for both in-person and on-line meetings.
- Actively participate in meetings by recording key decisions and next steps; distributing notes to participants; and following up to ensure next steps are taken.
What you will need:
- Education: You have a completed a Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of 4-5 of years can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: You have 3+ years full-time relevant work experience as an Executive or Administration assistant. You have past experience working under tight deadlines and managing multiple, competing priorities for busy executives. You will also have experience using Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint and experience running virtual meetings using Zoom or Teams.
- Languages: English required. Additional language skills in Spanish, Portuguese, French, or Bahasa are nice to have.
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors. WRI offers a competitive renumeration and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of 30 November. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Our culture: WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.