World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
17 days ago
This position will only be for consideration in the WRI US DC Global office and where WRI is US state registered. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor work authorization for this position.
About the Program:
The Core Communications team at WRI leads strategy and coordination across our global network of communications experts. Our communications are key to WRI’s success at achieving rapid, systemic changes.
You will have the chance to work with staff across WRI's programs and centers and learn about diverse content topics for each event, including major report launches, technical wrkshops, or expert panels. You will also lead internal events designed for staff, including informational seminars on new programs and research, featured speakers, and large meetings and retreats. You will maintain relationships across core teams including Facilities and A/V staff. WRI hosts hundreds of events per year with a wide variety of sizes, scope, audiences, and formats. WRI's events feature speakers and staff from around the world, including our experts and partners as well as thought leaders, officials, decisionmakers, and key stakeholders at the forefront of our issue areas. See upcoming and past events at wri.org/events
You will be supported by event organizers across WRI and work with them to plan and set up onsite events at the DC office, liaise with vendors, assist with technical support, advise on sustainability guidelines and catering, and implement best practices for in-person and hybrid event formats. You will also be supported by the core communications team.
You will report to the Event Manager and collaborate on large institutional priority events and webinars.
This position will begin as remote due to Covid-19 but will require relocation to the WRI DC office.
What you will do:
Event logistics and operations 80%:
- Oversee planning and logistics for multiple internal in-person, hybrid and virtual events for staff audiences in coordination with internal communications and other core teams
- Assist program event organizers with coordinating event requests and planning onsite logistics at WRI’s DC office
- Liaise with external event vendors to coordinate and organize logistical aspects such as catering and AV
- Provide advice to program event organizers on WRI’s meeting and events guidelines and standards
Administrative and institutional support: 20%
- Support institutional priority events and webinars such as Stories to Watch and major launches through scheduling, cross-team coordination, internal speaker communication, etc.
- Help maintain event tracking, guidance documents, and training materials for relevant event processes and tools
- Develop and maintain knowledge of and relationships with event vendors and venues in the Washington, DC area
What you will need:
Education: You have a bachelor's degree in event management, hospitality, marketing or related field; interest in pursuing a career in event management
Experience: You have 1 year of experience working in events, marketing, or venue management with demonstrated experience in designing and executing professional events
- You have experience with working with multiple stakeholders and vendors
- You have worked in a past role that required project management and multiple prioritizations of competing asks
- You also have experience with tools such as Asana, Eventbrite, Microsoft Teams and O365, Zoom, and Pardot
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
$ 46,000 - $60,000. Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of 22 September 2022.
Your resume must not exceed 3 pages, and your cover letter must not exceed one page.
You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Our culture: WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.