Digital Marketing and Communications Associate
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
30 days ago
About the Program:
WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities is World Resources Institute’s program dedicated to shaping a future where cities work better for everyone. It enables more connected, compact and coordinated cities. The Center expands the transport and urban development expertise of the EMBARQ network to catalyze innovative solutions in other sectors, including air quality, water, buildings, land use and energy. It combines the research excellence of WRI with two decades of on-the-ground impact through a network of more than 370 experts working from Brazil, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, Mexico, Turkey and the United States to make cities around the world better places to live.
As the Cities Digital Marketing and Communications Associate, you will develop and implement our social media and digital engagement strategy with the goal of growing the audience for the Center’s work and increasing our engagement with key stakeholders. You will produce content including visual graphics and other assets, maintain our channels and use analytics to improve engagement. You will also assist with digital communications project management, including working with teams to create communications plans and budget for activities, including social media but also related activities including video, graphics, email, and more. You will be supported by the WRI Ross Center communications team. You will report to the WRI Ross Center Director for Global Communications and Engagement.
What you will do:
Social Media Strategy and Management (60% time)
- Create and implement a robust social media and digital communications strategy to keep and grow the WRI Ross Center’s audience online.
- Manage WRI Ross Center social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, by producing daily content and scheduling a regular social calendar
- Support project teams and the WRI Ross Center communications team in the development of comms strategies and other project management responsibilities, which may include assisting with budgeting and long-term planning.
- Regularly analyze metrics on audience engagement and produce monthly diagnostics
Content/Assets Production (30% time)
- Write and edit engaging, dynamic content for social media as well as contributing to website content, blogs, and other comms products.
- Design and produce visual assets (including videos, social tiles, infographics, GIFs) that can be used for social as well as other platforms
- Lead and manage social media campaigns that respond to project needs and identify opportunities to increase engagement with key stakeholders and influencers.
General Communications Support (10% time)
- Collaborate closely with the WRI Ross Center communications team to provide general communications support for internal and external priorities.
What you will need:
- Education: You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- Experience: You have a minimum of 6+ years relevant, full-time professional experience creating and implementing communications strategies, social media campaigns, and project management
- Experience working at an environmental, development, scientific or urban planning organization and/or an understanding of issues related to those topics
- Experience managing social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn as well as related tools (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc)
- Some experience with design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva, etc)
- Languages: You have written and verbal proficiency/fluency in English.
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of February 3, 2023. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.