Digital Communications Intern
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
13 days ago
About the Program:
The WRI Climate Program's research evaluates the technical, economic, and social benefits of climate action, as well as the costs of inaction. We work with national governments to design ambitious near-term climate plans that align with long-term temperature goals, and help integrate these into economic, sectoral and development plans. We help international policymakers advance climate solutions through negotiations and accords such as the Paris Agreement. We support businesses, civil society, local governments, and other non-state actors as they pursue their own emissions-reduction and adaptation goals. We build tools to track global progress on fighting the climate crisis, inform good decision-making and ensure accountability for existing commitments. And we work with thought leaders around the world to accelerate adaptation efforts that will help vulnerable communities build resilience against climate impacts.
This position is fully remote.
What you will do:
The Digital Communications Intern will primarily work with the Climate Program communications team at WRI, as well as the broader Core Communications team.
Working closely with and reporting to the Climate Program’s communications team, the intern will help draft platform-specific posts and shareable assets, create social media kits and coordinate social media promotions. This role will also work with the team to create and send emails to stakeholders and help manage our email lists. The intern will also provide broad support to WRI’s Climate Program communications team including with audience research, partner outreach, operations, scheduling, writing, events, and other duties as required.
Internship Learning Outcomes:
The intern will gain experience in the following areas:
- You will work with a diverse set of communications professionals and interact with staff in different programs, centers, and international offices.
- You will experience first-hand the fast-paced, dynamic nature of social media outreach on some of the most important issues of our time.
- You will gain exposure to one of the leading global research organizations with a focus on the environment and international development.
- You will be exposed to social media tools such as Hootsuite Enterprise, BrandWatch, Canva and Twitter Ads Manager, email marketing tools such as Pardot, and web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- You will gain exposure to and track organic and paid ad campaigns.
What you will need:
- Recent undergraduate or graduate student in communications is desirable
- Proven experience on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral communications.
- Strong interest in digital communications.
Length of Contract:
This is a full-time, 6 months internship with a flexible start and end date.
- This is a remote-based internship with the option to work out of the Washington D.C. office once it reopens.
- WRI will provide a laptop for the duration of your internship.
The pay range for this internship opportunity is between $16-$20/hour, commensurate with qualifications.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, and other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender, racial, and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of December 7th, 2022. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.