Consultant: Business Process
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
21 days ago
This position is a short-term hire for 6 months ending December 31, 2022
'OneWRI 2.0 - WRI IT Strategy Refresh' is a multi-year initiative by Global Operations to implement fit-for-purpose, robust, and user-friendly technology solutions across all WRI locations.
The Business Process Consultant will work closely with WRI global operations to develop and optimize business processes in collaboration with virtual teams from across the international locations. The primary objective is to support the global technology transformation initiative by building efficient and scalable business processes across the organization. This work includes a broad range of activities to discover, model, analyze, measure, improve, and optimize WRI’s business processes.
- Business process discovery
- Analysis and modeling of business processes
- Developing capability maps, value stream maps, and process maps
- Developing and documenting business process governance and policy
- Creating and establishing process performance management
- Creating and establishing continuous improvement practice for business processes
- Guiding and facilitating cross-functional process design sessions
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Business process discovery, analysis, modeling, and optimization
- Business architecture (capability, value stream, and process mapping)
- Process optimization methods (Kaizen, Lean Six Sigma, ToC, etc.)
- BPM tools and techniques
- Design thinking and UX concepts Education & Experience
- Education: Master's degree in information technology, or business administration with specialization in a technology-related stream
- BPM-related certification from ABPMP, BPMI, OMG, or another reputed institute
- Experience: 5+ years of experience of business process modeling and optimization at the enterprise level for medium-to-large organizations
Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
No additional application material needed
How to Apply:
You must apply directly through the WRI careers portal to be considered for this position.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years, and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.