Consultant: Business Development Professional
World Resources Institute
Washington, DC, United States
8 days ago
P4G – Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 – is a global initiative that brings together business, government, and civil society organizations in innovative public-private partnerships. We focus on breakthrough solutions that help our partner countries meet their climate commitments under the Paris Agreement and their Sustainable Development Goals in five key areas: food and agriculture, water, energy, cities and circular economy. P4G supports innovative partnerships to become global models for sustainable solutions. In addition, through global convening moments such as the P4G Summit, we showcase the most innovative partnerships driving sustainable development in the world. We currently work with 12 partner countries: Bangladesh, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Republic of Korea, South Africa, and Vietnam. P4G has five partner organizations, namely the Cities Climate Leadership Group (C40), Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Economic Forum (WEF), and World Resources Institute (WRI). P4G is managed by a Global Hub hosted by WRI, and is overseen by a Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Each partner country establishes a National Platform to engage relevant country stakeholders and progress partnerships.
WRI intends to award a consultant a five-month contract to support its P4G platform in proposal development and writing, editing complementary annexes, and creating fundraising templates. The ideal candidate is someone with a keen eye for detail, experience with developing proposals and fundraising documents, a proven ability to meet deadlines, and strong writing and editing skills.
This position will require 25 – 40 hours a week of the candidate’s time
Deliverables P4G Phase 2 proposal
- Review and edit accompanying annexes for P4G’s Phase 2 proposal currently under development
- Provide feedback to primary annex developers to maintain consistency of narrative and clarity
- Incorporate edits based on external feedback through the main proposal and annexes
- Copyedit main text of proposal
- Review and update proposal submission timelines as needed P4G fundraising activities
- Develop internal fund-raising processes and materials
- Create and populate multi-donor fundraising development and tracking templates
- Run weekly fundraising meetings and maintain fundraising templates
- Manage and run Phase 2 proposal efforts
- Develop a template for a basic fundraising proposal that can be customized for various opportunities
- Assist in the development of additional proposals as the opportunities arise during this employment period
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience managing proposals, ideally an additional
- 5 years of experience that includes proposal writing and/or implementation of international development activities for a philanthropic, bilateral or multilateral donor
- Specific trainings in business development for international development audiences including ideally EU-based bi-lateral or multi-lateral agencies, USAID/US DFC or other USG departments, and philanthropic donors
- Skilled at developing and managing proposal materials from initial opportunity identification through to review and final submittal across multiple donors
- Skilled at writing and editing for a broad audience including donors, businesses and policymakers
- Strong analytical, review and copyediting skills
- Ability to work quickly and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to authors Strong eye for detail and ability to track and monitor changing timelines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Journalism or Communications or an equivalent proposal writing intensive discipline
How to Apply:
Candidates are asked to submit a resume, cover letter and three writing samples where they were the lead writer Candidates are expected to submit their proposed fee for this consultancy Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $150 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 1,000+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.