Operations Assistant, Public-Private Partnerships
World Resources Institute
The Hague, Netherlands
13 days ago
This position can be based in the WRI Office in the Hague, The Netherlands.
About the Program:
WRI hosts many different types of public-private partnerships. Two of those programs currently require additional operations support:
Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 (P4G) is a global platform accelerating pioneering market-based partnerships to build sustainable and resilient economies. We invest in impact to deliver inclusive and tangible solutions that support partner countries in meeting their sustainable development goals and commitments to the Paris Agreement. We bring together business, government, and civil society organizations in innovative public-private partnerships to advance solutions in five key areas: food and agriculture, water, energy, cities and circular economy.
PACE is the global collaboration platform for key public and private decision makers to share a vision, best practices, and scale the circular economy together. Our vision is a global, circular economic system that enables human and environmental well-being. Our mission is to catalyze global leadership from business, government, and civil society to accelerate the transition from a linear to a circular economy that will improve human and environmental well-being for current and future generations. PACE was created in 2018 by the World Economic Forum and is now hosted by the World Resources Institute, facilitated by a full-time team in The Hague, Netherlands.
You will support the financial, operations, and administrative processes for the P4G and PACE platforms within WRI at an important transition time for these innovative initiatives. Your daily work will include updating budgets, reporting to donors, processing contract agreements, ensuring head grant compliance, collaborating with P4G and PACE staff on projects, and guiding staff through internal processes and systems. You will be supported by a dynamic and diverse team as well as various operations staff members across WRI globally. The portfolio of partnerships you support may change over time. You will report to the Senior Fellow, Public-Private Partnerships, with daily oversight by the operations leaders for the respective partnerships.
This position will be a hybrid model of remote and in-office.
What you will do:
Budgeting and Financial Management (30% time)
- Support the P4G and PACE Operations Managers on day-to-day project finances, keeping budgets up to date in WRI’s financial software
- Develop monthly updates on budgets to Project Directors and Managers to alert them of funding targets and other financial matters
- Support delivery of projects against 5-year output-based budget
- Supporting financial reporting and financial audits
- Provide input into WRI quarterly budget reviews
- Facilitate the development of annual budgets linked to its workplan and result frameworks
- Contribute to the long-term financial strategies, including the development of new proposal budgets and financial growth strategies.
Grants & Contracts Management (40% time)
- Coordinate Grant initiation and post-award process of incoming funding for P4G and PACE.
- Collaborate with P4G and PACE team to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of funding awards and communicating with donors as needed
- Oversee the creation and submission of financial and narrative reports to all donors, with input from the Program teams
- Process and maintain subgrant and contract agreements with partners, including administering payments, and amending agreements as needed.
- Support the P4G Operations Manager and grants management team in monitoring sub-awardee compliance with administrative grant requirements, including the timely submission of reports and audits.
Operations and Administration (25% time)
- Support the P4G Operations Manager to ensure the timely and accurate submission of progress and financial reports as well as compliance with internal budgeting, contract, and procurement processes and deadlines.
- Assist in resolving operational issues and mitigating operational risks.
- Coordinate with the P4G team and HR on recruitment of new personnel and support onboarding of new staff and consultants.
- Provide support to P4G on coordinating internal and external events, workshops, and conferences, as needed.
- Review and make recommendations on internal systems to support and improve efficiencies.
What you will need:
- Education: You have a completed bachelor’s degree in a relevant study area
- You have 1+ years’ full-time relevant work experience
- You have experience in project or organizational operations, finance, compliance, donor reporting, scheduling or bookkeeping, or as an executive assistant for a non-profit organization
- Experience using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience running virtual meetings using Zoom or Teams
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Languages: You have verbal and written proficiency in English.
Potential Salary: €42,244.48 - €50,693.37
Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors. WRI offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by 27 January 2022. You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.