World Resources Institute
The Hague, Netherlands
19 days ago
About the program:
WRI’s Operations department is striving to make all global offices low risk and fully capable, enhancing their operational capabilities, through a bond of mutual and sustainable growth, a high level of collaboration with each other and ability to share knowledge across the sisterhood of offices. This will be done through establishing mutually agreed upon standards of performance, measuring the efficiency and effectiveness for the sisterhood of offices. All offices will have a clear focus on achieving a high-capacity rating and be able to pass an organizational assessment to ensure the ability that donors could provide funding directly. The department strives for clear processes across the WRI network to manage and mitigate the institutional risks – operational, personnel, financial, political.
The World Resources Institute is seeking an Accountant to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and to help WRI to maintain accurate and timely financial accounts. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers. Working with a collaborative team of 11 people, you will review accounting entries and determine the correct general ledger account, project codes, prepaid, fixed asset, etc. Due to our organizational size and culture, this position allows the opportunity for you to train and learn in other areas of accounting.
The role will work closely with the WRI Europe Office and be an integral part of the Europe Operations Team.
What you will do:
International Office support (75%)
- Set up employee profiles in Costpoint and provide timesheet trainings
- Prepare monthly entries and process labor expenses
- Preparation of monthly payroll data as required
- Review travel expense reports in Concur and records expenses in Costpoint
- Set up project codes in Costpoint and coordinate with PCs in the Global and International Offices on all issues
- Compute revenue and follow up on project deficits with PCs and Managers
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts
- Assist in preparing required reports and analysis as requested
- Work with Accounting Manager to comply with all statutory requirements
- Serve as the backup for other accounting staff on specific duties.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
Audit and Compliance (25%)
- Provide support for international office local audit
- Assist with global office annual and project audits
- Coordinate with the auditors and programs and provides necessary information as requested.
What you will need:
• Education: You hold a Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
• Experience: You have 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with AP processing and General Ledger accounting
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint 8.1, Time & Expense and Online payment processing system preferred
- Experience with system automation, testing, implementation/rollout and troubleshooting system issues in collaboration with outside vendors/consultants preferred.
- Languages: Verbal and written proficiency in English required.
Location: The Hague, The Netherlands
Start date: Upon mutual agreement with candidate
Type of Contract: Limited term, renewable
Length of Contract: 1 year, renewable
Potential Salary: € 49,148.94 - € 58,978.73
Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors. WRI offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of 6 September 2022.
You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.