Research Analyst II, Climate Finance
World Resources Institute
18 days ago
This position is only for consideration for the WRI US office where WRI is state registered. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor any visa work sponsorship for this position.
About the Program:
WRI’s Sustainable Finance Center works to shift the world’s financial flows to support sustainable development and climate action. We produce data-driven, policy-actionable research and convene coalitions that can influence financial institutions and markets.
Our work is structured around five key themes:
(1) financing NDC implementation
(2) “greening” private sector finance
(3) strengthening public financial institutions
(4) encouraging the U.S. and China to be sustainable finance champions, and
(5) UN Climate Finance
The Finance Center’s work on the UN climate finance system, especially the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), focuses on strengthening key policies and governance elements to promote a stronger climate finance regime, especially one that works for poor and vulnerable countries.
In this role, you will support WRI’s work on international climate finance. You will report to the Senior Associate for UN Climate Finance and work closely with the team’s Research Associate and staff within WRI’s Climate Program, as well as others within the Finance Center. You will contribute to research and the writing of high-quality and innovative research products that are designed to influence and improve the international climate finance architecture.
This position is remote due to Covid-19 and can remain remote once restrictions are lifted.
This position will be a hybrid model of remote and in-office.
What you will do:
Research and Analysis (80% time)
- Conduct research and analysis on topics related to the UN climate finance system, UNFCCC processes and negotiations, multilateral climate funds, or other elements of the international climate finance regime
- Co-author, review and contribute to the development of reports, issue briefs and articles
- Contribute to research-based communications products
Project Management and Administration (20% time)
- Support project management duties, including workplan development, subcontract monitoring, and task management
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences, and other dissemination activities
- Complete administrative tasks related to project implementation
What you will need:
- Education: You have a completed bachelor’s degree in finance, environmental studies, or related field.
- Experience: You have a minimum of 2 years full-time relevant work experience ideally in one of the following topic areas: public climate funds, project finance, international climate policy, or design and implementation of climate mitigation and adaptation project.
- You have past experience writing research-based reports with a focus on analytical research
- Demonstrated experience in communicating research internally or externally
- Languages: English
- Requirements: Existing work authorization. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Our culture: WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.