This position is a hybrid position which can be based in our office inAfrica, Europe, Mexico, Brazil, or the US. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor any visa work sponsorship for this position.
About the Program:
The Data Lab exists to inspire and fuel data innovation, product development, and technical infrastructure for World Resources Institute (WRI) and our community. We are a team of over 35 engineers, product managers, and data scientists with deep experience setting data strategy, doing quantitative research, and building data tools and products. We work across WRI’s programs, Centre’s, and international offices to use advances in data and technology to help our community improve lives, protect nature, and ensure just transitions.
Data of all kinds sits at the heart of how WRI achieves impact in the world, and our world-class research is used by governments, policymakers, NGOs and local communities around the world to improve lives, protect nature, and ensure just transitions.
In 2022, the Data Lab founded the Product Studio to help researchers and program teams design and scale new products. Backed by the Data Lab's Product Team, the Studio gives teams the technical and strategy expertise they need to understand their users and market, develop product designs, and build and test rapid prototypes. With our support, teams can build products that support decisions that matter, enable accountability, and drive the conversation.
You will report to Senior Product Manager, Product Studio and work closely with the Data Lab Senior Operations Manager and Communications Specialist.
You will assist the Product Studio manager throughout the program lifecycle. This includes providing operational support to Product Studio projects, documenting learning resources and standard operating procedures, as well as coordinating community-building efforts with impact software developers. You will work closely with several internal and external stakeholders, including the Product Studio team, strategy consultant and clients. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team which helps environmental and social researchers and non-profit program teams design and scale new software products. This role requires someone who is motivated, flexible, and well organized, with an ability to multitask. The role is fully remote, with an option to be hybrid, if based in cities where WRI has offices. This role would be ideal for someone seeking to develop their experience in a global work environment within a non-profit organization. The role is particularly suitable for individuals who are passionate about sustainable development and climate issues and looking to find a way to turn this passion into practical support.
What will you do:
Assist the Studio team and applicants with the Selection process for new cohorts (40%):
- Manage and coordinate all Product Studio applications in liaison with the Communications Specialist
- Maintain an inventory of applications.
- Support the Product Studio strategy and technology experts with the selection process and be the point of contact for all applicants
- Support the Product Studio manager in market research and maintaining an inventory of product innovations, programs, and advances within environmental and climate sectors
Act as a key administrative support to the Product Studio manager and project teams (50%):
- Support the Product Studio manager with work plan writing
- Document agreements between the Product Studio team and our clients
- Provide support to operational tasks such as tracking and submitting consultant work orders and invoices
- Track travel, online subscriptions and other non-labor expenses related to Product Studio operations
- Organize, maintain, and update Product Studio standard operating procedures, knowledge hub and website content
- Support projects teams with scheduling of meetings and workshops
Community Coordination (10%):
- Support the Product Studio manager and Communications Specialist with community building, engagement, including ideating, and posting content on Product Studio Slack channels
What will you need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree a relevant field (e.g., business administration, economics, public or nonprofit administration, international development, etc.)
- Experience: You have 2+ years of relevant work experience, including internships
- Experience undertaking administrative tasks, ideally in a remote environment.
- A high degree of computer literacy, including knowledge of the MS Suite, Google Workspace, Slack
- Proven ability to quickly learn and work with new computer software.
- Self-driven, organized and able to identify and manage your own priorities and conflicting schedule demands
- Ability to work collaboratively synchronously or asynchronously whether it is in Miro, Asana, virtual meetings or in-person workshops, etc.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills, visual communications via MS PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc. is preferred
- Ability to bring a learning and curious mindset to work
- Passionate commitment to WRI’s mission and goals
- Languages: Full fluency in English required and second language preferred
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization
Potential Salary:Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:Please submit a resume with cover letterby the dateof 30 November,2023.You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI
- Commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence and Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment; we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.