World Resources Institute
16 days ago
Job Title: Kubernetes Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
No. Of Opening: Openings
Interview process: 2 Rounds with ITP + 2 Round with Customer
We are currently seeking a motivated and customer-oriented Kubernetes Engineer/Architect Platforms (AWS/Azure) to join our team. In this role you will help architect, design and build new capabilities for the client in AWS/Azure Kubernetes Environments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design, build & maintain large scale high performing, secure Kubernetes and other application platform infrastructure on AWS, Azure, Tanzu
- Work on configuration and policy management / orchestration suite, across multiple runtime providers to provide enterprise stability with flexibility for applications
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security
- Design and implement API’s and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity services as required in support of container platform service requirements.
- Define, Measure and improve Reliability Metrics, Observability (Monitoring, Logging-Tracing solutions), Ops process (Incident, Problem Management) and streamline - automate release management
- Be a subject matter expert, able to upskill / cross skill engineering teams on SRE principles, tools and execution in the container space
- Ability to work with current application teams to understand current applications and make migration and architecture recommendations in Kubernetes
- Work independently or as part of a small team to design, build, automate and document the a multi-tiered managed services platform
- Desire to mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
Desired Skills and Experience
- CI/CD in ADO Pipelines, GitHub Action(s), and VRealize Automation
- Experience in AWS, Azure, Tanzu Containerization Services
- Experience in deploying Python, Node and .NET Applications via Helm and other template languages.
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates deploying secure AKS Kubernetes Infrastructure.
- Cloud Formation Templates (CF) deploying secure Elastic Kubernetes Infrastructure.
- Kubernetes Hardening and Security Policy in Azure, AWS, Tanzu or other CNF Compliant Runtimes.
- Experience in Install, Configure, Maintain & Secure Cloud based Load Balancing & Policies
- Experience with Tanzu Mission Control as an overall management platform.
- Purpose Built Installation & Configuration Calico Network Policy Driven Kubernetes Networking
- Advanced Container Image creation using BuildPacks.io and related technologies.
- Experience using JFrog, Harbor, Github Advanced Security and other tooling in image scanning, dependency, and enterprise architect management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85.00 - $90.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Kubernetes: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Speak with the employer