Internship for Energy Program
World Resources Institute
WRI Indonesia aims to accelerate the transition to a clean energy future through innovative solutions in clean energy governance and the market mechanism that is transparent, inclusive, and fair. We bring together stakeholders from national and sub-national government, business sector, and civil society to achieve our shared goals.
In achieving our goal, we focus our work through various project and research platforms which covers different topics, such as public-private collaboration on renewable energy, energy access, renewable energy financing, electric vehicles, and air pollution from industrial activities. Each of these programs is approached through a combination of empirically-driven research and on-the-ground action.
WRI is one of the co-led of The Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA Indonesia), and after building our coalition for two years, CEIA Indonesia is expanding its coalition member to Bali Province. We aim to engage Bali’s stakeholders from public, private, NGO, academician and media to collaborate and help to advance their renewable energy use. Besides, WRI Indonesia is currently supporting Bali subnational government on their electric vehicle program, giving technical assistance on public utility and private companies for carbon management and decarbonization plan, and expanding our portfolio in energy efficiency for the upcoming years.
General Internship Roles
The Intern will be based in Bali, Indonesia and working closely with WRI Indonesia energy team to provide assistance and support on various energy project, especially on Electric Vehicle, Energy Transition, B20 event and other related event in Bali Province.
The intern will contribute on the policy analysis and research works by conducting desk research, carrying out interviews with key stakeholders, and analyzing data on energy access, electric vehicles, air pollution, and socio-culture. The intern will also actively included on the engagement activities and will be involved in developing materials for engagement needs
- Learning experience and exposed to various energy-related topics, such as energy access, energy efficiency, carbon management, renewable energy, electric vehicle, air pollution, and renewable energy finance.
- Developing research skills and applying findings to energy program strategic planning and researches.
- Involvement in policy and regulatory analysis on the energy, carbon management and electric vehicle
- Involvement in research on energy access, energy efficiency, carbon management and electric vehicle
- Involvement in event planning and execution, data collection and processing, and project development, as necessary.
- Developing engagement skills and applying them to support energy projects
- Involvement and gain insights on engagement strategy with key energy stakeholders, such as government, private sector, local community etc.
- Develop materials for engagement activities and events
- Assist with meetings and other external communication tasks
- Legally able to enroll on an internship program in Indonesia
- Final year bachelor student or fresh graduated student preferably in the fields of electrical engineering, environmental management/engineering, public policy and any relevant studies
- Ability to work from Bali, Indonesia
- Experience conducting research and data analysis using various tools
- Having knowledge and ability on how to produce formal written document such as term of reference, invitation letter, research report, activity report, etc.
- Experience to work in a team
- Having a good knowledge in Balinese socio-culture
- Having a broad knowledge in energy efficiency, carbon management and renewable energy is a plus
The internship program will span for 3 (three) months from 15 August 2022 to 14 November 2022 with possibility of extension subject to individual performance evaluation, project needs, and budget availability.
Full-time, paid internship.
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples if needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through WRI career portal .
Application close: 17.00 (DKI Jakarta local time) on 11 August 2022. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect. The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.