Grants & Contracts Specialist
World Resources Institute
2 days ago
This position can be based in the WRI US office (DC), WRI Brazil or WRI Indonesia office. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission for the position. WRI is unable to sponsor work authorization for any of the listed office locations.
About the Program:
The Grants and Contracts team is dedicated to support programs in forming agreements with different funders, sending money out to partners through sub-agreements, and creating non-financial cooperation partnerships to further WRI’s work.
In addition, the grants and contracts team provide award and subaward administration support, as well as procurement and compliance guidance
As the Grants and Contracts Specialist, you will work with Global Grants and Contracts (G&C) Managers and Associates in administering WRI’s awards and sub-agreements. In this position, you will provide guidance on policy and process matters to Program, Center, and country staff, and redirect questions as needed to relevant office and experts.
You will support the grants and contracts team’s push for a more diverse partner and contractor portfolio, helping to expand WRI’s work with small organizations and entities serving historically marginalized or underrepresented groups. You will also, help connect program staff with the tools and information needed to ensure proper governance and compliance with funder requirements.
What you will do:
- Review agreement request packages to ensure they are complete and prepared in line with relevant WRI policies
- Review procurement plans and Requests for Proposals plans to ensure they satisfy WRI and funder requirements
- Provide guidance on policy and process matters to Program, Center, and country staff, and redirect questions as needed to relevant office and experts
- Help maintain user-friendly grants and subrecipient management resources to facilitate compliance
- Assist in preparation for annual audits, including review of documentation in support of audits
- Perform compliance reviews of subgrantee folders for compliance, including financial reports
- Ensure that the closeout of subgrants is timely and efficient; that all required documents are obtained and filed; and that subgrantee files meet legal and auditing requirements
- Work with Program staff to plan high-integrity procurements and establish contracts that ensure value for money
- Review and approve grant, contract, and amendment requests to ensure application of WRI policies and sound agreement formation
- Facilitate monitoring and closeout of subgrants, research agreements, professional service agreements, grants, and contracts
- Help monitor life of grant reporting requirements and keep program staff aware of upcoming deadlines
- Work with G&C and program staff to ensure timely collection and review of all subgrantee audits
Administration of processes and systems 10%
- Ensure data integrity in support of reporting and forecasting, and enter award information into Salesforce as needed
- Administer the process and systems related to review, approval, and signature of agreements
- Contribute to communications and trainings for implementing teams about Grants & Contracts policies, practices, and procedures.
What you will need:
Education: You have a BA or BS degree in a relevant field required;
- Experience: You have a minimum of 3+ years of relevant full-time experience. You have experience with high-level detail and deadlines with regard to donor agreements, contracts and other related legal documents. You also have experience with financial, accounting or compliance matters.
- You have experience with MS Office skills, including demonstrated experience working with databases. Salesforce and/or SharePoint experience.
- Languages: Verbal and written English proficiency required.
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization
Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors. WRI offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of 11 October 2022. You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.