General Manager, GFW Pro
World Resources Institute
5 days ago
This position can be based out of one of the WRI offices in US, Hague, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, UK, Kenya, or Indonesia. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission for the country office designated. WRI is not able to sponsor work authorization for this position.
WRI’s Forest Program works with governments, businesses, and civil society to sustain forests for future generations. We aim to curb deforestation worldwide and help restore and reforest already-cleared land. With these goals in mind, the Global Forest Watch (GFW) initiative makes the best available data for monitoring forests accessible online. By harnessing cutting-edge technology, GFW allows anyone to access near real-time information about where and how forests are changing around the world. Recognizing that the agricultural industry is essential for human well-being yet is with the largest driver of tropical deforestation, Global Forest Watch (GFW) launched the GFW Pro tool in 2017. GFW Pro is an online management application enabling companies, financial institutions and other entities to monitor and manage for deforestation risk in soft commodity supply chains and investment portfolios. In response to the needs expressed by GFW Pro’s rapidly growing usership, we will soon launch Pro Premium, an additional fee-based service enabling secure business-to business reporting and other advanced monitoring features.
In this role, you will lead the commercial expansion of Global Forest Watch (GFW) Pro as a software as a service, while maintaining our commitment to open data and analysis. You will be responsible for generating revenue from new premium features as well as from donors. You will be supported directly by a team of engagement leads in key regions of the world and a product development team from the WRI Data Lab. Matrixed support is provided by WRI Core Communications, Operations and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team. You will report to the Director of the Land and Carbon Lab.
- Grow user accounts and revenue
- Deliver customer delight
- Develop and deliver new market strategies
- Provide presentations, product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers.
- Build and foster a high-performance team
- Ensure execution of operational priorities across teams
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Collaborate with internal partners to provide accurate use cases from the field, improve internal processes and champion sustained success
- Partner with external partners (e.g. Accountability Framework, Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil, Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures, etc.) to align common priorities and integrate relevant frameworks
• Education: You have a completed Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, MBA preferred. A minimum of 10 years business to business software sales can be considered in lieu of a (Masters) degree.
• Experience: You have a minimum of 15 years full-time relevant work experience in business software product development and sales. Experience with ESG reporting and initiatives including CDP, TCFD, AFi, GHG protocol and others. Experience with sustainability in soft commodity supply chain. Experience in a leadership role leading team at ahigh growth B2B software business. Familiarity with geospatial information and tools.
• Languages: English required. Spanish, Portuguese or Bahasa are nice to have.
• Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter and apply by August 9, 2022 through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Our culture: WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.