Senior Project Associate, Contract Management - Operations
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Who we are and what we do:
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
Overview for WRI India Operations
WRI Operations team supports the crucial front-line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with Clients, Government agencies, Statutory bodies, Trustees, Vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Budget and Finance, Accounting and Reporting, Legal Counsel, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the purview of operations and each function lead reports to the Director Operations and Director Operations report to the CEO of the Organization.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with clients’ requirement.
About your role:
WRI India requires a self-motivated, smart, detail-oriented and highly organized individual to report directly to the Director of Operations, who will play a strategic role in providing legal advice, and guidance at the senior levels of WRI in the areas of legal and reputation risk. Providing legal support to our India operations and development activities will be your primary responsibility.
You will be an integral part of the team, which participates in the development and implementation of WRI India’s strategy and operations. You should have excellent knowledge about FCRA compliances, company law and Trust Laws.
How your day will unfold:
Contracts Management (50%):
- Process documentation for agreements, contracts, sub-grants, work authorizations, and purchase orders;
- Monitor performance against contract requirements;
- Create proper procurement guidelines to be followed by the program team
- Work with partners to help them understand and meet sub-grant and contract requirements;
- Maintain supporting reports throughout the duration of contracts and sub-grants;
- Process invoices and payments for partners in compliance with WRI’s policies;
- Provides guidance to partner organizations and consultants to ensure their compliance with funder policies, while proactively and professionally communicating with partners and consultants.
Financial Management (20%):
- Update and maintain project budgets utilizing WRI’s budgeting and forecasting software(TM1)
- Work closely with the Operations team to maintain the accuracy of budget forecasting and minimise variance from planned targets.
- Actively coordinate and collaborate with the accounting, payments, HR, and other program teams.
- Coordinates with project teams to support their ad hoc financial expenditures for outreach, communication/engagement and delivery efforts
- Ensures team compliance with terms and conditions of complex grant and contract agreements
Conference, Event & Travel Support (10% time)
- Coordinate conference and event logistics for domestic and international workshops, including venue and catering, equipment/translators etc.;
- Provide travel and visa support to the team;
- Supports teams with financial management for conference and event logistics as needed, including participant travel
Administration (20% time)
- Coordinates and schedules team meetings and assists in coordination of team’s annual planning processes
- Update and maintain new hire staffing information with operations
- Coordinate recruitment and manage onboarding of new staff members and interns, if needed;
- Manage various program, department, and organizational trackers
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field (i.e. Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- 5 -7 years of relevant, full-time work experience, preferably in financial management, budgeting, administration, or nonprofit operations
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Attention to deadlines particularly with regard to grant compliance and monitoring sub grant and contract relationships
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality, timelines, and organizational systems
- Strong writing, database management, and proofreading skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to work well in a team
- Strong computer skills including high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), web-based communications (Skype, Zoom), and CRM database (Salesforce).
- Budgeting experience with Excel, or other budgeting software is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Salary and Benefits: 11,00,000 INR to 13,00,000 INR CTC Per annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 2 years as term hire (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Mumbai, India
Start date: As soon as possible
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.