Senior Program Manager - Electric Mobility
World Resources Institute
14 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
The Senior Manager – Electric Mobility will work closely on an electric mobility index initiative at WRI India. The role requires a mix of technical competence, stakeholder management, and research and writing skills.
The selected candidate will report to the Associate Director- Electric Mobility.
- Undertake secondary research and stakeholder consultations to define the requirements of the index
- Develop and refine the technical index structure for the electric mobility index
- Meet with various stakeholders and make presentations about the index
- Coordinate with multiple organizations to collect data for the index
- Provide insights into the design of the index interface
- Create knowledge products related to the findings of the index for public dissemination
- Organize meetings and events around the dissemination of the index
- Develop and conduct training programs for index management and ongoing development with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate actively within the electric mobility team to get inputs from sectoral experts on the index
- Masters in public policy, energy management or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 8-10 years of full-time experience working in the transportation/ urban development sectors.
- Proficient at policy analysis and qualitative/ quantitative research methods.
- Excellent analytical, writing and editing skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally.
- Capability to communicate complex ideas in well-organized, everyday language.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines, manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, technical curiosity, and willingness to learn.
- Experience with managing small teams.
Salary and Benefits: 21,00,000 INR to 24,00,000 INR CTC Per annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: Remote. The role will require extensive travel at high frequency.
Location: New Delhi
Start date: As soon as possible.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.