Senior Program Manager - Development and Fundraising
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Senior Program Manager - Development and Fundraising
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
WRI India is seeking a Senior Program Manager in the Development Function to carry out actions in building partnerships, supporting donor engagements, and creating proposals for grants offered by domestic/international institutions, corporate foundations, and other sources. The role requires a strong understanding or knowledge of fundraising and grant/proposal writing. It will also require hands-on experience with development functions (preferably in NGOs) with an ability to act strategically and work independently with ownership.
How your day will unfold:
Proposal Writing (70%)
- Collaborate with program teams in preparation of technical proposal notes by drafting concept notes and proposals (including project objectives, approach and methodology, outcomes, workplan, staffing, budget, MEL and other requirements)
- Review proposal pre-requisites in Request for Proposals (RFPs) and EOI (Expression of Interests) and guidance documents
- Compose strong, concise and compelling proposal narratives/responses for assigned proposal sections/components along with associated graphics such as flowcharts, tables, appendixes and other relevant information for supporting proposal development
- Manage and utilize previous proposal databases to create proposal responses
- Manage multiple concurrent proposals with strict adherence to targeted dates and deadlines
- Review and obtain approvals for the proposal from decision makers
- Partnerships (30%)
- Research and apply for grant opportunities by establishing a systematic process for partner outreach and relationship management
- Coordinate and work with internal team to ensure new partnership goals are synchronized with WRI organizational goals
- Support donor engagements by managing relationships and communications for targeted collaborations
- Master's degree (Urban Planning, Environmental Management, Journalism, Communications, or other relevant fields along WRI’s thematic areas)
- Experience working in at least some of WRI’s thematic areas: climate change, energy, forests, water, sustainable cities.
- 10 to 12 years of experience working in development function (preferably nonprofits) on grant/proposal writing, donor engagements, business development
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and engage different team members across multiple departments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to distill key points from large amounts of information, tailor presentations to different audiences, and able to communicate processes with colleagues
- Proficiency in MS-Office required including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Salary and Benefits: 21,00,000 INR to 25,00,000 INR CTC Per annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 2 year as term hire (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Delhi, Mumbai
Start date: As soon as possible
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.