Senior Program Associate - Electric Mobility
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
The Electric Mobility team supports Indian cities in their journey to be low carbon through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of Indian and International experts. Making the move to electric mobility requires a carefully planned strategy that envisions the merging of the transportation and energy sectors and re-envisions relationships between people and vehicles.
WRI India seeks a motivated Senior Program Associate to provide research and writing support to various projects in the electric mobility sector.
How your day will unfold:
- Assist the Project Manager for research on electric mobility, and work closely with team members and collaborators within and outside WRI on all aspects of project research and knowledge production.
- Engage with government and non-government stakeholders and partners to communicate about ongoing initiatives.
- Present insights/ findings on behalf of WRI India at relevant multi-stakeholder forums
- Liaise with government stakeholders, academic experts, industry professionals and other external stakeholders to gather primary data, seek collaborations and undertake joint projects.
- Produce project-related presentations, commentaries, blogs and op-eds, reports, policy briefs, grant proposals, working papers and articles to disseminate research and analysis, independently and in collaboration with team members.
- Organize, review, and summarize relevant literature and data from multiple sources, under the guidance of the Project lead and team.
- Synthesize recommendations into clear and compelling presentations and written reports.
- Conduct data exploration, quantitative research and provide analytical solutions and insights to meet project outputs.
- Contribute and engage with WRI’s research community in India and globally.
- Design and create innovative problem-solving approaches to effectively address key questions and challenges posed by our research goals and program objectives.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A masters or higher degree in sustainable transportation, energy sector, or other relevant discipline
- 4-6 years of work experience in sustainable development research, with at least two years of experience in government liasioning
- Excellent written and spoken English, with strong communication skills.
- Excellent reading and spoken Marathi are bonus.
- Demonstrate independence, confidence, structured and analytical thinking, eagerness to learn, and a high emotional quotient.
- Prior experience in sustainable mobility is a bonus.
Salary and Benefits: INR 11,00,000 to INR 13,00,000 CTC
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Mumbai, India
Duration: The position is a one-year position (extendable based on performance and project requirements). The start date is as soon as possible.
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staffmember
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability.