Senior Associate - Global Operations
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 400 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
World Resources Institute is seeking a Staff Accountant in carrying out the listed responsibilities of the Accounting department. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the WRI to be fully aware of its financial condition.
Working with a collaborative team of 11 people, you will review accounting entries and determine the correct general ledger account, project codes, prepaid, fixed asset, etc. Due to our organizational size and culture, this position allows the opportunity for you to train and learn in other areas of accounting. Success for this role will require you to encompass a combination of influence, driving innovation, and working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
How your day will unfold:
- Processing daily accounts payable invoices into Costpoint to include multiple business units and detailed projects as well as audit/edit invoices for accuracy.
- Review all accounts payable invoices for accuracy in coding, accruals, signature approvals and appropriate backup documentation.
- Research and resolve day to day issues related to Accounts Payable inquiries.
- Attach payment conformation to the system.
- Participate in month-end closing activities including journal entries and other analysis.
- Reconciliation of assigned GL accounts
- Any additional responsibilities set by Management.
Qualifications And Requirements We Seek:
- BS in accounting; or equivalent accounting experience of 4-7 years
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, especially revenue recognition for non-profits (FAS 116)
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles and ability to work independently and make financial decisions with ease.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong quantitative, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solver and trouble shooter with variable problem-solving abilities.
- Computer skills: advanced proficiency in spreadsheets, Excel (Graphs, Marcos, and Pivot Tables) and MSOffice applications
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate accounting to non-accountants.
- Customer Service Oriented – able to work with Programs staff as well as Grants & Contracts staff
- Experience with Deltek systems preferred.
Location: Mumbai, India
Duration: 6 Months (Extendable)
Salary Range: INR 11,00,00- 13,00,000
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should apply online at www.wri.org/careers. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the center of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staffmember
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Health & Nutrition: Personalized diet recommendation from a certified dietitian based on the physical health condition and lifestyle
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.