Senior Associate - Accounting and Reporting
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being. The India Resources Trust has a license from WRI to use the trademark “WRI India”.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organisation with more than 400 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all of these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis.
Program Overview for Operations
WRI Operations team supports the crucial front-line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with Donors, Partners, Government agencies, Statutory bodies, Trustees, Vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the program staff and researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans and implement the programs at the field level.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Budget and Finance, Grants and Contracts, Legal Counsel, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the purview of operations and each function lead reports to the Director Operations and Director Operations report to the CEO of the Organization.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with donors’ wishes.
About your role:
How your day will unfold:
The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the India office. The job would involve analyzing financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, balance sheet, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences by adjusting journal entries and establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Analyze program operations, trends, costs, grants, financial commitments, and obligations to donors.
- Report to manager regarding the finances of programs by developing, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems. Provide advice on tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying forecasts.
- Ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements. If required, represent the Trust before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues, provide internal and external auditing services for Program.
- Assist in drafting forms and manuals for accounting, bookkeeping and support operations to explore solutions to Institutional and financial problems.
- Actively manage the Bank payments and receipts, Bank compliance and other documentation
- Analysing the accounting issues/ queries and discussing with reporting manager and providing solutions in coordination with the accounting firm
- Analyzing whether financials are in line with the Donor requirement and within the FCRA framework
- Verify the staff expenses and reimbursement as and when required
Qualifications and Requirements that we seek:
- CA/ CA inter or an MBA finance degree
- At least 4-7 years full time work experience in financial management preferably in NGO’s
- Should have proficient knowledge about FCRA and TDS Filings, PT Returns and Filings.
- Ability to communicate proficiently with various Stakeholders at different levels within and outside the organization
- Strong conceptual understanding of accounting structure
- Understanding of Taxes, cash flow management, bank reconciliation, and bookkeeping.
- Bring high levels of intellect and experience coupled with the character and presence to make an immediate contribution to the institute
- Experience with cost flow, Audits and risk management
- Strategic thinker and has eye for details.
Salary & Benefits: 11,00,000 to 13,00,000 CTC Per Annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Mumbai / New Delhi, India
Duration: 1 years as term hire (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
List of Documents to be attached:
Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing samples
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.