Program Research Associate - Sustainable Cities and Transport
World Resources Institute
14 days ago
Program Research Associate – Sustainable Cities and Transport
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 400 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
The associate will be a key member of WRI India’s Ross Centre for sustainable cities - public transport team and will work on a range of activities. The project has a specific focus on equity and accessibility of transport services in cites. The role involves:
- design and write survey questionnaires
- apply a range of research techniques to gather relevant information, including document analysis, surveys, case studies and interviews (face-to-face, telephone and online)
- liaise with and direct social research field interviewers to gather information
- gather information by directing or carrying out qualitative fieldwork
- conduct reviews of relevant literature and evidence
- analyze and evaluate research and interpret data using a range of analysis packages
- prepare, present and disseminate results in the form of reports, briefings, research papers and presentations
- offer research-based briefings and advice, which may involve writing action plans
- Develop data visualization dashboards, interactive web-maps, storyboards that help in communicating complex data and insights into visual outputs to be leveraged in presentations, publications, and online platform
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Post-graduation in social sciences from a recognized university/institution.
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Proficiency in data collection, validation, research, and analysis
- Proficiency in GIS, R and Python.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi
- Strong analytical and critical thinking capacity.
- Detail oriented and able to handle complex tasks or projects.
- Accountable and can work across a diverse team.
Salary and Benefits: INR 8,00,000 to INR 9,00,000
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Location: Mumbai (India)
Duration: 1 Year (Term Hire extendable on the bases of project requirement)
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.