Manager- Microsoft 365 Developer
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program overview for Operations
WRI Operations team supports the crucial front-line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with Donors, Partners, Government agencies, Statutory bodies, Trustees, Vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the program staff and researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans and implement the programs at the field level.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Budget and Finance, Grants and Contracts, Legal Counsel, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the purview of operations and each function lead reports to the Director Operations and Director Operations report to the CEO of the Organization.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with donors’ wishes.
About your Role:
As a member of WRI Global IT Team, you will develop apps, workflows, and solutions based on Microsoft Power Platform and other Microsoft tools and platforms. You will work collaboratively with other IT staff of WRI with the primary objective of providing high-quality solutions and support in a multi-cultural and globally distributed organization. In this role, you will provide development, implementation, administration, and operations support for collaboration tools within the Microsoft 365 suite (Office 365, Teams, SharePoint Online). You will also troubleshoot and resolve issues that affect the Microsoft 365 environment and its components when needed.
This position can also be based in any of the WRI Offices.
How your day will unfold:
- The primary responsibility includes solution development, maintenance, and support based on platforms such as Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, PVA), SharePoint Online (Site Development, Configuration & Administration, SPFX components), Microsoft 365 (Teams, One Drive, MS Forms), and other Microsoft Tools & Technologies (Azure AD, Azure Functions, Microsoft Search, Graph API, etc.)
- Build and support applications, dashboards, forms, workflows, and SPFX components based on requirements analysis
- Write PowerShell scripts to automate bulk jobs and scheduled jobs
- Support the development, deployment, and execution of Microsoft 365 and develop roadmaps and service strategies
- Develop concise and accurate engineering project documentation including design artifacts, knowledge guides, and operating procedures
- Provide technical and operational subject matter expertise for Microsoft 365 adoption in the organization
- Develop, change, and implement standard operating procedures for IT operations and project implementation support
- Documentation may be required for operational procedures, troubleshooting steps, and technical analysis for products, features, and capabilities
- Use standard APIs, including Microsoft Graph and other REST APIs, for process flows, data synchronization, and systems integration
- Monitor system outages and takes appropriate actions as per the standard operating procedure
- Work with Microsoft and other third-party vendors to address product and service-related issues
- Ensure changes are planned and implemented in a sound, low-risk manner, without creating system outages and following the change management processes.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related professional degree
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in app and solution development in a mid-size or large organization
- Expertise and hands-on experience in developing solutions using Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, and PVA)
- Experience in using SharePoint object model, Microsoft Graph, and other REST APIs for solution development and integration
- Experience in Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, and Azure AD administration at the organization level
- Proficiency in planning and development of enterprise solutions involving Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory services
- Experience in building and executing PowerShell scripting for solution development, automation, and Microsoft 365 administration
Salary and Benefits: 15,00,000 to 18,00,000 Per Annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Two Years (Term Hire)
List of Documents to be attached:
Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.