Manager- Government and Bilateral Donors
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Manager– Government and Bilateral Donors
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
About your role:
The position will help advance the WRI India work plan, and at the same time deliver both flexible unrestricted and project funding from sources that do not conflict with WRI India values and mission Specifically, the individual will:
- The ideal candidate will have strong grounding in or knowledge of issues of fundraising, development, and sustainability, and experience engaging with the bilateral/multilateral donors
- Candidate must have experience of working with Bilateral and Multilateral donors and understanding of their procedures and processes.
- Communicate and amplify WRI India’s work and key messages
- Manage external connections to cultivate valuable new ideas, opportunities, and outcomes
- Excellent communicator, strong team player, and highly motivated professional.
How your day will unfold:
Develop Relations with Bilateral and Multilateral donor for WRI India
- Identify funding opportunities for collaboration with the bilateral and multilateral donors for WRI India projects or programs, seeking funding opportunities.
- In conjunction with directors and managers, develop and manage the donor pipeline for corporate donors
- Support in donor cultivation efforts, including developing contacts and relationships with current and potential donors, organizing meetings, leading preparatory efforts for key meetings, and tracking donor engagement with an emphasis on improving donor efforts. building relationships.
- In accordance with WRI India’s values and objectives statements, develop an outreach and engagement strategy resulting in joint projects/workshops with companies to build WRI India’s profile
- Review proposal pre-requisites in Request for Proposals (RFPs) and EOI (Expression of Interests) and guidance documents from Bilateral/Multilateral Donors
- Collaborate with program teams in preparation of technical proposal notes by drafting concept notes and proposals (including project objectives, approach and methodology, outcomes, workplan, staffing, budget, MEL and other requirements)
- Develop/Manage and utilize previous proposal databases to create proposal responses
- Review and obtain approvals for the proposal from decision makers
Administration, logistics and management
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records of donors and track utilization of funds using Salesforce
- Stay on top of and map all donor outreach activities for WRI India, including approaches to international donors, maintaining an open flow of information between WRI India and WRI in Washington. Note that fundraising from international donors will be primarily the responsibility of WRI India project staff or WRI’s development team in Washington
- Develop effective management reports on fundraising activities.
- Work closely with program teams to learn the intricacies of our projects, structure, and deepen the focus areas for financial support, become resourceful and contribute to the success of these initiatives;
- Communications materials for development (including PPTs, capabilities statements, project references, etc.)
- Coordinate with Communications team and Knowledge Manager to collect and produce case studies and program stories for donor-centric communications and marketing materials.
- Prepare briefing materials for the CEO or Strategy Head for donor presentations and/or meetings.
Qualifications And Requirements We Seek:
- 8-10 years of experience of working in the development sector
- Proven track record in fundraising or business development
- Able to effectively manage own workflow after ensuring understanding of expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve range of general problems independently and provide input to complex and sensitive problems;
- Proficiency in MS-Office required, experience with fundraising databases such as Salesforce is preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to distill key points from large amounts of information, tailor presentations to different audiences, and able to communicate processes with colleagues
- Proficiency in MS-Office required including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- A committed team player and an ability to prioritize and deliver on commitments.
Salary and Benefits: INR 15,00,000 to INR 18,00,000 CTC
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Delhi and Mumbai
Duration: Full-time, term hire for a period of two years which is extendable at the discretion of WRI India)
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability