Manager - Accounts, Operations
World Resources Institute
6 days ago
Manager – Accounts, Operations
Who we are and What we do
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
Overview for WRI India Operations
WRI Operations team supports the crucial front-line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with Clients, Government agencies, Statutory bodies, Board of Directors, Vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Budget and Finance, Accounting and Reporting, Legal Counsel, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the purview of operations and each function lead reports to the Director Operations and Director Operations report to the CEO of the Organization.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with clients’ requirement.
About your role
The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant overview to the accounting function and support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the India office. The job would ensuring that the overall books of accounts of the entity are maintained in efficient manner, this needs to be done in coordination with the accounting team and our accounting firm. The role will also be involved in preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, balance sheet, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.How your day will unfold
- Examine, analyze and ensure that accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports are prepared with accuracy, completeness, and its conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts and flag discrepancies and reconcile differences by adjusting journal entries and establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Analyze program operations, trends, costs, grants, financial commitments, and obligations to clients.
- Keep track of finances of programs by keeping overview of documents, recordkeeping and accounting systems. Provide advice on tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying forecasts.
- Ensure proper computation of taxes owed and check tax returns prepared by the team, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements. If required, represent institute before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues, provide internal and external auditing services for Program.
- Ensure that yearly audits are completed in timely manner.
- Ensure that monthly books are closed correctly and timely.
- Ensure that physical verification of assets is done and documented.
- Assist in drafting forms and manuals for accounting, bookkeeping and support operations to explore solutions to Institutional and financial problems.
- Coordinating with Accounting team, Accounting firm, GST auditor and CS firm
- Manage Bank relationship
- Compliance Documentation
- Bank KYC documentation
- Addition and Deletion of Director, Initiator and authorised signatory
- Submission of documentation for FD creation
- Manage CS Compliance
- Prepare documentation for Board meeting
- Update Board meeting Minutes and Board Resolutions
- Coordination with Company secretary for compliance
- ROC filings and data management for audit record
- Director KYC
- Due Diligence documentation support to Development team related to accounting data
- Ensure the Compliance Dashboard is upto date and share the finding with senior management on monthly basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- CA/ CA inter or an MBA finance degree.
- At least 7-8 years full time work experience in financial management
- Should have proficient knowledge about GST and TDS Filings, PT Returns and Filings.
- Should have proven experience of coordination and working with multiple teams.
- Understanding of Taxes, Transfer pricing, cash flow management, bank reconciliation, and bookkeeping.
- Ability to communicate proficiently with various Stakeholders at different levels within and outside the organisation
- Bring high levels of intellect and experience coupled with the character and presence to make an immediate contribution to the institute
- Experience with cost flow, Audits and risk management
- Strategic thinker and has eye for details.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Term Hire for 2 years
Location: Mumbai, India
Start date: At the earliest
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, parental status, or disability.