IT Business Analyst - Senior Manager
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program overview for Operations
WRI Operations team supports the crucial front-line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with Donors, Partners, Government agencies, Statutory bodies, Trustees, Vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the program staff and researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans and implement the programs at the field level.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Budget and Finance, Grants and Contracts, Legal Counsel, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the purview of operations and each function lead reports to the Director Operations and Director Operations report to the CEO of the Organization.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with donors’ wishes.
About your Role:
As a member of the Global IT and Operations team, your will work closely with the Enterprise Architect, IT Project Manager, and leaders across different functions/geographies in planning and implementing business-focused initiatives of varying size and complexity. You will collaborate with WRI's IT and Operations teams across the international locations to design and enable efficient business processes. You will use broad business and technology skills to play the role of solution analyst, application analyst, and/or UX analyst as required for digital transformation initiatives.
How your day will unfold:
- Analyze business processes, gather requirements, and uncover areas for improvement in enterprise systems, processes, and procedures.
- Conduct meetings with various stakeholders, gather and reconcile concerns and viewpoints, and produce actionable views and representations.
- Document and communicate detailed functional/non-functional requirements for new and improved business systems and processes.
- Lead cross-functional design-thinking sessions to discuss and co-create business process workflows, procedures, and best practices.
- Create, update, implement, and maintain procedures for business process governance and change management.
- Research, evaluate, and report on commercial off-the-shelf solutions to meet current and future process requirements.
- Ensure alignment between business needs, user requirements, project plans, solution development, implementation, and deployment.
- Perform user acceptance testing and qualify the solutions for implementation and deployment.
- Prioritize initiatives and implementation roadmap based on business needs and user requirements.
- Monitor the timeliness and fitness-for-purpose of deliverables throughout solution development, implementation, and deployment of phases.
- Stay up to date on latest technological advancements to optimize enterprise systems and processes.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Good understanding of IT, HR, Finance, Accounting, CRM, Knowledge Management, Data Management, and other business processes and systems in general.
- Prior experience of working as an analyst for ERP implementation and data warehousing projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including visualization, presentation, and storytelling.
- Ability to work and collaborate with people from a multitude of nationalities and cultures across the globe.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, including vendor management, virtual cross-functional team management, and leadership communication.
- 10 to 12 years of experience related to business analysis and working on enterprise IT projects.
- Must have good judgment, tact, critical thinking, and analytical ability.
- Graduate in business management and/or information technology; hybrid education preferred.
- Certification in business analysis (CBAP®, PMI-PBA®, APMG AgileBA®, etc.) preferred.
Salary and Benefits: 21,00,000 to 25,00,000 Per Annum
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
Location: Delhi/Bengaluru/Mumbai/ Other Cities
Duration: Two Years (Term Hire)
List of Documents to be attached:
Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.