This role will be based in the WRI office in Brazil, Mexico, or Colombia. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor any visa work sponsorship for this position.
About the Program:
WRI's Operations department strives to make all global offices fully capable and low risk, enhancing their operational capabilities, establishing sustainable growth through a bond of mutual respect, collaboration and sharing knowledge across the sisterhood of WRI offices. This is done by targeting upon standards of performance, measuring the efficiency and effectiveness for the sisterhood of offices.
Reporting to the CRM Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and maintenance of WRI’s CRM System. Integration of the CRM into staff’s daily workflow globally across all International Offices, Programs, and Centers is critical to widespread adoption and ensuring the system is used to its fullest potential. This position serves as the first-level support for Salesforce users.
What will you do:
- Interact daily with current and potential Salesforce users to drive increased adoption of and interest in Salesforce Collaborate daily with the CRM Manager to support users, implement new system features, and build fixes while adhering to stated best practices
- Assist with the gathering of detailed functional requirements clearly stating project scope and desired outcomes
- Support the design, development, and deployment of large-scale enterprise solutions globally
- Proactively improve data quality through a combination of manual and bulk data cleanups working independently or in conjunction with data owners
- Identify causes of bad data to test and implement fixes
- Monitor data quality and system usage indicators, raising concerns and trends to the attention of the CRM Manager
- Partner with Operations colleagues on monthly budget reviews and vendor payment processing
What will you need:
Education: You have a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, engineering or relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience: You have 3+ years of relevant, full-time work experience in data analysis and process flows to include data analyst or operations analyst experience
- Experience using Salesforce or other customer relationship management tools (Monday.com, Blackbaud, Hubspot) to develop business solutions
- Above-average mastery of Excel including bulk operations and data transformation is required
- Aptitude for documenting business processes, system interactions, and data flows
- This position requires excellent troubleshooting, data analysis, and problem-solving skills
- This position will require alternating between periods of intense collaboration and spells of solo/heads-down work
- A current Salesforce Admin certificate is preferred, but not required
- Languages: Fluency in English required
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization
Potential Salary:Salary is commensurate with experience and other compensable factors.
How to Apply:Please submit a resume with cover letterby the dateof 29 February2024.You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI
- Commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence and Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment; we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.