Drupal Web Developer
World Resources Institute
Mexico City, Mexico
18 days ago
This position will be based in Mexico City, Mexico. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application for this position. WRI is not able to sponsor work authorization for this position.
This is a limited term position for 1 year.
About the Program:
WRI Core Communications team, based largely in Washington DC, oversees strategy and outreach for the Institute in support of WRI leadership, program, centers and international offices. Communications is crucial to WRI’s success at achieving rapid, systemic changes. The global communications team strives to work as an integrated global network to expand WRI’s reach, reputation and impact.
In this you will support our numerous global web properties (e.g., WRI.org), focusing on Drupal (Drupal 9) feature development, optimization, customization, and maintenance. This role will support the migration of our existing global office websites (e.g., wri-indonesia.org) to our new institutional platform, as well as the migration and upgrade of several Drupal 8 sites to Drupal 9. Additional tasks would include site support, site configuration, and supporting deployment pipelines.
You will work closely with the Digital team in the DC office and report to the Digital Development Manager as a member of a twelve-person Digital team within WRI’s Core Communications – a central group that guides and supports the communications work of WRI’s seven programs, four centers of excellence, and the growing number of special initiatives and international offices.
What you will do:
Feature Building (40%)
- Drupal modules: build, modify, and maintain Drupal modules for custom site functionality
- Document functionality, workflow, and user guidelines
Maintenance, and Performance (40%)
- Run monthly reports on site performance, security, and maintenance updates
- Apply Drupal core and module updates
- Identify and implement performance improvements
- Merge and deploy updates and feature work using a Continuous Integration pipeline
- Troubleshoot issues with websites (identify, scope, and document)
- Coordinate with the team and our vendor partners to ensure issues are properly addressed
What you will need:
- Education: You have a Bachelors degree or an additional 4 years of experience
- Experience: You have 5+ years of full-time work experience
- You have experience in Drupal 9 module development and Drupal 9 theming
- You have experience working with PHP/Symfony, Version control and code repositories (git)
- You have experience with Linux CLI (terminal command line)and with Drush and Composer
- Previous experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, CircleCI) and deployment pipelines
- Familiarity with data visualization and mapping libraries like D3, highcharts, chart.js, leaflet
- Languages: Verbal and written proficiency English required. Business and Technical proficiency (English): reports, documentation, tasks, tickets, and communications with the team would be in English
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required at the time of application. WRI is unable to sponsor work authorization for this position.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter along with a copy of your resume by September 30, 2022. You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications