About the Program:
- Responsible for the smooth organisation and running of all FOLU coalition meetings, becoming the central contact point for Core Partners, Strategic Partners and FOLU Global Ambassadors
- Prepare briefings for members of the FOLU Senior Leadership Team, including the Executive Director, to assist with preparation for meetings, events and presentations
- Conduct research on relevant topics and drafting clear, concise Word and PowerPoint documents
- Engage with, and help coordinate, senior external speakers and participants
- Efficient and effective information management and coordination, including taking initiative to improve processes where there is potential to do so
- Assist the Partnerships Director in the delivery of strategic projects
- Conduct research, drafting concept papers, contributing to the preparation of funding applications, attending external meetings and events and engaging with senior stakeholders both within and outside of the FOLU coalition
- Support organisation of events at COP and other international meetings
- Organize webinars, workshops, debates and other events
- Data management
- Budget administration.
- Education: You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in geography, environment, economics, international development, climate or health/nutrition-related discipline
- Experience: You have 1+ years of relevant experience, including within a government, civil society or private sector organisation
- Experience coordinating programme management or multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Experience working with donor-funded projects
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Languages: You have written and verbal proficiency in English
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with cover letter by the date of 27November 2023.
You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence and Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment; we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.