Project Operations Specialist (2 positions)
World Resources Institute
10 days ago
Job Highlig h ts
The project Operations Specialist will report to Project Operation Senior Lead and work closely with the Grants and Finance Manager, Program Managers, Project Members, Regional Team, Global Team in Washington, DC., Operations Team, and other key stakeholders as required to support the implementation of the project from many aspects such as project management, financial management, grants, and budget management. In relation to administration/general support services a Project Operations Specialist will be supported by project assistants. Project Operations Specialist might be offered to hold multiple projects as assigned when needed. The post holder will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia with high travel frequencies to both international and domestic destinations.
What You Will Do
Financial Management (30%)
- Responsible for the general and financial administration of the project (i.e. reimbursement request, vendor payment, partner sub-granting, etc.);
- Review payment requests of vendor invoices, reimbursement, and cash advance to be submitted to the finance to ensure compliance with organization and donor regulations.
- In coordination with Project Operations Senior Coordinator, Project Manager, fellow Project Operations Specialist and other Operations counterparts in Jakarta Office or Global Office to prepare the budget plan for activities and be responsible for the timely and accurate disbursement of funds by WRI Indonesia financial protocol
- Conduct project’s budget monitoring to provide insights on budget allocation, disbursement rate, budget forecasting, budget shortfalls, and project’s progress;
- Assists project team from grants approval to close-out process
- Prepare and execute the turnover documentation and develop interim and final financial reports in coordination with the Operations unit and Program Team.
- Coordinate with other multiple stakeholders and provide advice on budget management and reports.
- Conduct procurement of the project – prepare procurement plan and conduct procurement activities for the project including canvassing.
- Provide advice to the Head of Operations and/or Procurement Committee related to procurement. activities of the project, including vendor selections.
- Review vendor proposals in coordination with the procurement team.
- Other procurement duties may be assigned.
Project/Program Management (20%)
- In coordination with Project Operations Senior Lead, Program Managers, and Grant and Finance Manager to provide reliable, accurate actual and budget reports promptly.
- Manage the projects’ budget, including budget tracking, budget monitoring, budget planning, and budget allocation in coordination with the Project Operations Senior Coordinator to assure the deliverables/outputs of the projects are met.
- Supervise Project Operations Assistant to provide general support in project activities implementation and conducted by WRI Indonesia’s related policies and procedures.
- Support Project Operations Assistant to organize administrative papers works related to the projects (i.e. agreements, contracts, work authorizations, and purchase orders).
Grant Management (30%)
- In coordination with the Project Operations Senior Lead, Project Managers, Grants, and Finance Manager, and Head of Operations to prepare draft grant or subgrants proposal budgets including data collection & submission process of the final proposals.
- Support the Project Operations Senior Lead, Project Managers, Grant & Subgrants Manager, and Head of Operations to conduct the due diligence reporting process.
- In coordination with Project Operations Senior Lead, Grants & Finance Officer, and Grant & Finance Manager to develop the subgrants and contracts agreement including translating the outputs into the division of timelines and detailed plans
- Provide assistance in submitting all required grant forms as instructed by the donor.
- In close coordination with Grant & Finance Officer to review the interim and final financial report from partners, subgrantees, and vendors to assure that the output is achieved, and the financial report is auditable and prepared according to WRI Indonesia financial and grants protocol
- Keeps timely and accurate information on donors and contacts
- Supports proposal documentation packaging for review and/or final distribution.
Occasional Significant Duties (5%)
- Day-to-day assistance of other jobs in the Operations unit, as and when required
- Significant other duties as assigned by Line Managers
What You Will Need
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Graduate degree in a related field, preferably with coursework in accounting/business, supply chain and logistics, and corporate sustainability.
- Minimum five years of full-time work experience in a relevant field, with project implementation, project management, and financial management experience.
- Ability to write and speak in an organized, clear, and articulate manner for a wide range of audiences, including government, private sector, and local NGOs.
- Experience in planning and budgeting processes.
- A detail-oriented and organized thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Experience with large and complex donors such as Norway, USAID
- Experience working in the area of accounting, budget management, sub-grant management, and procurement
- Professional fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Full-time with fixed-term employment agreement for 1 (one) year period with 3 (three) months of consultancy contract apply before the fixed-term employment agreement started.
What we offer
- Salary that is commensurate with experience and skills
- Competitive and comprehensive benefit package
- Access to the WRI global network
- Opportunity to join and/or get involved in different working groups
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- A chance to have an impact and develop your career within a mission-driven organization
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through the WRI career portal.
Application close: 1700 ( DKI Jakarta local t ime), 12 June 2023 . We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia, and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environmental and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, gender-diverse communities, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
WRI Indonesia is a national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI works with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.