Project Operations Assistant (Bali based)
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
The Bali Climate and Green Development initiative believes that fostering the agency and leadership of local government and broader segments of the society is key to ensure that the climate neutrality agenda remains strong and becomes a way of life and pathway for development, regardless of national and local political transitions. It will require concerted efforts amongst various actors to create breakthroughs with long-lasting climate, social, and economic impacts. Our main targets in this project consist of local government, especially in the field of energy and transportation, electric vehicle (EV) and clean energy business owners, coastal communities, and sustainable tourism communities. While most of them have already had a common understanding towards the urgency of climate transition, they need to be equipped with more information, knowledge, and thought-leadership avenues to build ideas and make actions.
World Resources Institute (WRI) Indonesia has co-designed a multi-year’s program for Bali Climate and Green Development Initiative with our partners in Bali, to demonstrate how a rapid, province-scale effort with a focus on energy decarbonization and climate solutions can benefit local people, the economy, and the environment, while at the same time providing a strong foundation for the province’s climate neutrality by 2045 and contributing to national climate targets. This project’s theory of change is adapted from the program to ensure synergy and collaboration between partners to achieve our overarching goal.
Job Highlig h ts
The Project Operations Assistant will provide overall finance, operations, and administrative support of Bali Program Management Office (PMO).
This post will report directly to the Senior Lead, Bali PMO, work closely with Project Operations Specialists of Bali PMO and Project Operations Senior Lead in the Jakarta Office. The post holder will be based in Bali with high travel frequencies around Bali. The Project Operations Assistant is required to complete his Covid-19 booster vaccination.
What You Will Do
- Manage payment of all bills from vendors, expense reimbursements, cash advance and report from staff.
- Record all financial transactions, generate and review monthly financial reports.
- Process the payments and managing invoices, follow up with clients, suppliers, and partners as needed.
- Complete and accurate recording/reconciliation of operational control/tracking against projects on budget, fund, travel expenses and petty cash, this works will coordinate closely with Project Operations Specialist of Bali PMO and Finance Unit.
- Responsible for a good and friendly filing system both physical and electronic.
- Support in planning and reviewing budgets and expenditure as necessary and preparing monthly/quarterly/annual reports and other data as required.
- Provide support to staff/consultant on the production of timesheets, travel claims/expense reports, reimbursements, participant agreements, orders and any other relevant financial documentation.
- Ensures functionality of operations including coordinating document flow and organization, purchasing supplies, arranging travels and events, equipment and furniture, and communication; supports with project needs to provide events and meeting coordination across the organization.
- Manages operational expenses in consultancy with Project Operations Specialist, including occupancy, office services, insurance, IT, legal, tax, and others to ensure efficient and effective use of donor resources.
- Preparing, maintaining, and monitoring the operational systems, processes, procedures and records in accordance to WRI Indonesia’s policy–specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, and organizational planning.
What You Will Need
Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferably with coursework in organizational and/or business support (finance, accounting).
Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience in a relevant field, with operation management, administration, and/or financial management experience. Direct hands-on experience in financial administration (e.g. budget, recording, tax). Experience with Balinese culture and customs is a plus.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders in the areas of financial and administration support, office management, and event management.
- Good knowledge and experience on working with CSO, universities, village officials, government institutions at national and sub-national levels will be highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to learn new system and software applications that are used by WRI Indonesia.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Finance administrative, operations management, and administration activities are expected to be carried out timely and satisfactory with minor supervision.
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure, including multi-tasking and planning several events simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with internal and external participants is essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is imperative.
- Commitment to quality of work and efficiency.
C ontract Arrangement
Full-time with fixed-term employment agreement for 1 (one) year period with 3 (three) months of consultancy contract apply before the fixed-term employment agreement started.
What we offer
- Salary that is commensurate with experience and skills
- Competitive and comprehensive benefit package
- Access to the WRI global network
- Opportunity to join and/or get involved in different working groups
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- A chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through WRI career portal.
Application close: 1700 ( DKI Jakarta local t ime), 15 November 2022 . We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.