Grants and Finance Coordinator
World Resources Institute
18 days ago
WRI Indonesia is an independent research organization dedicated to contributing to the socioeconomic development of Indonesia in an inclusive and sustainable way. Our work is focused on six main areas: forests, climate, energy, cities and transportation, governance, as well as ocean. We turn big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being.
WRI Indonesia represents the World Resources Institute’s activities across Indonesia and the region. We work to increase our global impact by fostering innovative partnerships & sharing our research findings in the region and ensuring that WRI learns from Indonesia insights and experience in development and environmental protection. We also actively engage with bilateral donors, foundations, Indonesia Institutions and other partners to mobilize funding to support our work.
Grants and Finance Coordinator will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the Grants & Finance requirements of the Indonesia office. It is expected that this individual would be willing to manage routine processes to ensure the smooth functioning of Grants and Finance with a high level of engagement and attention to detail.
In this position, you will be responsible for Grants management related to Salesforce and Cognos documentation, subgrantees administration process and Finance operations especially for the grants & Finance unit works. Your other duties may include communications support, reviewing internal work plans, and other appropriate duties as assigned.
The Grant and Finance Coordinator will report directly to the Grants and Finance Manager and work closely with WRI Indonesia Project Manager, Project Operations Specialist and may regularly work with Grants and Contract Department of WRI Global Office, to ensure that WRI Indonesia is able to manage grants efficiently and transparently in compliance with funder regulations. The post holder will be based in Jakarta office, Indonesia.
What You Will Do
Gr an t an d S ubg r a n t M a n ag e m e n t (80 % )
G r an t Ma n ag e m e n t (30%)
- Update Salesforce for new opportunity and in coordination with the Project Operations Specialist to gather proposal and budget.
- Review Grant and Subgrant documents completeness in SharePoint and remind the Project Operation Specialist to upload the project documents to SharePoint.
- Setup project reports due reminder in the system i.e., Salesforce, Smartsheet.
- Actively support Grant and Finance Manager to review the report of Quarterly Review with WRI Global.
- Actively support Grant and Finance Manager to review grant agreement coming from the donor.
- Maintain Cognos reports relates to the projects such as Cash due from funder, Project deficit, Labor Report, Grant Status Report, etc.
- Support Grant and Finance Manager to review project financial reports.
S ubgran t Manag e m e n t (50%)
- In coordination with Project Operations Specialist to review sub-grantee proposal budget.
- As a Selection and Screening team member for the new sub-grantee applicant including conducting due diligence and assess risk level of the subgrantee, provide feedback for mitigation plan.
- Review draft of sub-grant agreement and contract to ensure that it has covered all donor and organization requirement and necessary follow-up to complete the agreement on time.
- She/he will also be responsible to maintain the sub-grant agreements and contracts with partners and contractors. Upload the subgrant agreement to SharePoint.
- Monitor Subgrantee to ensure the timely and accurate submission of progress and financial reports
- Review and analyst Subgrantee financial report including Request for Payment to ensure incompliance with the agreement, donor and organization regulation and pass it to Accounting for payment and notify Project Operations Specialist and Subgrantee of the payment.
- Conduct financial training to the sub-grantee to introduce organization financial system, help them to understand and meet sub-grant and contract requirements, if needed.
- Tracking and evaluate contract deliverables to ensure that they are submitted within the period of performance and coordinate the submission of invoices
- Maintain Sub-grantee database.
Fi na n c e O p e r a t i o n s (20 % )
- Actively support Grant and Finance Manager on the Indirect budget and reporting. This task includes:
- Work closely with Office Manager to update indirect budget every month.
- Ensure facilities and administration related contract to update in TM1
- Work with HR to update fringe in TM1.
- Asist Grant and Finance Manager on indirect cost report preparation to be submitted to Management Team / Head of Operations. Provide the analysist and feedback on the performance of the indirect cost and options to avoid over/under recovery.
- Review accruals document for completeness and compliance before it recorded to the Costpoint.
- Provide support to Grant and Finance Manager on the Project audit.
- Assist Grant and Finance Manager to track Request for Payment or billing to donors including identify incoming fund from donor.
What You Will Need
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required, legal education background is preferable.
Experiences: A minimum of 5 years working experience in financial management and administration, preferably in a non-profit setting.
Skills and Abilities:
- The position requires a detail-oriented, highly organized individual with experience and interest in program operations, grant compliance, financial management, and budgeting
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Attention to deadlines, particularly about grant compliance and monitoring sub-grantees and contractors
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues to partners and contractors
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality
- Experience in planning and budgeting processes for a large grant from multiple donors
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work well in a team
- Ability to travel when needed
- Extended ability to work on Microsoft Excel; Office 365 experience is a plus
- A self-motivated, smart, detail oriented and highly organized individual
- Grants & Subgrants management, Financial operations, and Administration activities are expected to be carried out timely and satisfactory with minor supervision
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
- Must be able to multi-task and planning several events simultaneously
- Ability to work well with internal and external participants is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is imperative
Full-time with fixed-term employment agreement up to 31 December 2023
What we offer
- Salary that is commensurate with experience and skills
- Competitive and comprehensive benefit package
- Access to the WRI global network
- Opportunity to join and/or get involved in different working groups
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- A chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through WRI career portal.
Application close: 1700 ( DKI Jakarta local t ime), 5 June 2023 . We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, gender diverse communities, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.