Finance and Accounting Assistant
World Resources Institute
30+ days ago
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe, India, and Indonesia.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
WRI Indonesia requires a self-motivated, smart, detail oriented and highly organized individual to support its Operation Department as a Finance & Accounting Assistant. The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations team in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the Finance & Accounting requirements of the Indonesia office. It is expected that this individual would be willing to manage routine processes to ensure the smooth functioning of Finance & Accounting with a high level of engagement and attention to detail.
The Finance & Accounting Assistant will also work with Finance & Accounting team global office based in Washington, DC
What You Will Do
- Maintain WRI Indonesia’s financial and statutory compliances
- Manage payment of monthly payroll and benefits, all bills from vendors, expense reimbursements, cash advance and report from staff.
- Record all financial transactions in Cost Point, generate and review monthly financial reports.
- Process the payments and managing invoices, follow up with clients, suppliers, and partners as needed.
- Coordinate with tax consultant to prepare and file monthly and annually returns & manage income tax queries as needed.
- Manage all interactions with WRI Indonesia’s banks for maintaining the account(s), creating fixed deposits, termination benefit fund and managing audit related queries.
- Prepare and process all financial transaction using internet banking system, cheque payment, etc.
- Record cash disbursement for all financial transactions in CostPoint.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for several GL accounts as assigned
- Provide basic analysis for several GL accounts as needed.
- Oversee of WRI Indonesia’s financial records.
B. Other Administrative Support
- Assist Finance and Accounting Unit in updating Finance & Accounting Manual includes all the financial forms for WRI Indonesia.
- Assist Finance and Accounting Unit in developing and operationalizing systems and approaches to more efficiently manage the office’s finances.
- Participate and provide data support in the audit process.
- File all accounting documentations and keep organized records.
- Support other administrative matters, as required.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the accounting and financial management and administration or a related field.
- Strong accounting background.
- Knowledge on Indonesian taxation law and audit process would be an advantage.
- Previous working experiences in development agency and accounting firm would be preferable.
- Attention to details.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and able to meet various deadlines.
- Familiar in using internet banking systems is a must.
- Good communication skill.
- Ability to learn new system and software applications that are used by WRI Indonesia.
Full-time with fixed-term employment agreement for 1 (one) year period with 3 (three) months of consultancy contract apply before the fixed-term employment agreement started.
What we offer
- Salary that is commensurate with experience and skills
- Competitive and comprehensive benefit package
- Access to the WRI global network
- Opportunity to join and/or get involved in different working groups
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
- A chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Remuneration: Remuneration is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 3 November 2022 . We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.