Consultant for Human Resources
World Resources Institute
WRI Indonesia is an independent research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. At WRI Indonesia, we aim to bring innovations in research and business approaches in order to create the enabling conditions for Indonesia to achieve robust economic growth while respecting environmental and social values. We seek to contribute to the accomplishment of ambitious sustainable development goals through working with leaders in public and private sectors, as well as collaborating with civil society organizations, in turning big ideas into action.
WRI Indonesia has grown significantly since its establishment in 2014, we grew our portfolio, operations, research, outreach capacity, and staff number. Human Resources plays an essential role in supporting the organization to achieve its goals, therefore ensuring the department's strategy aligns with the organization’s mission and values, and being adaptive and responsive towards the organization’s current needs is our paramount priority.
With today’s complex business operations and the ever-changing regulation and compliance environment, WRI Indonesia is looking for a Human Resources Consultant that will focus on several areas of work that are fundamental to improving the overall Human Resources business process. He/She will be working from our Jakarta office, report directly to the Head of Human Resources, and is expected to build and maintain effective collaboration with the HR Team, Operations Team, and managerial level personnel both in Indonesia and WRI Global office.
HR Business Process
- Working closely with the Head of HR to develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the organization
- Providing advice and playing a major role in work reviews and change processes
- Identifying development needs
- Lead and established new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations and HR workforce
- Researching and recommending performance evaluation methods (e.g. employee appraisal systems)
- Analyzing the business performance in relation to the organization’s objectives
- Assisting in organizing employer branding initiatives
- Monitoring, reviewing, and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current government regulations.
- Conduct assessment and evaluation of the overall Human Resources policies and ensure its alignment with other Operational policies.
- Develop HR company regulation
- Manage and document HR policies to ensure all employees can see the policies stored in one place
- Ensuring all policies have a standard template and layout style, and compiling the policies into one HR handbook
Learning and Development
- Working together with the HR Team to develop comprehensive learning and development plan that include a framework, strategy, and implementation agenda.
- Provide advice and suggestion on the most suitable, quick, and simplest method to conduct employee skill assessment for a skill gap analysis
- Supporting the HR Team to identify current training needs and to plan for projected employee development.
- Documenting existing learning and development projects in one place
- Supporting the HR Team to design a succession planning program for future objectives
- Supporting the HR Team to design manager and leadership development program
- Participates in the evaluation of the Human Resources department's overall business process to determine the quality and overall effectiveness, and recommend the corrective action
- Active involvement in the development of HR short-term and long-term strategy
- Review the existing company regulation to ensure its alignment with current labor law regulations and lead the submission process to the Kementerian Tenaga Kerja for approval
- Provide advice and suggestion on any other work line for improvement and efficiency
- At least 7+ years of extensive and relevant full-time work experience in related fields
- A Minimum Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferably with coursework in business administration, legal, management, and other relevant subjects/discipline, a master's degree is preferable
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Excellent understanding of Human Resource Strategy and Management
- Good understanding of Indonesia Labor Law and other related regulation
- Hands-on experience with IT programs and HR systems
- Ability to design clear and fair company policies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at different levels, including senior staff members.
- Experience in International development is desirable
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
- Strong verbal and written communications skills both in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Highly responsible and self-motivated, that could also work in an organized and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and organizational agility
- A detail-oriented and organized thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Produce HR Policy Handbook
- A final draft of HR strategy and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Learning and Development framework and implementation timeline
- A monthly consolidated report of any ongoing works
- Company Regulation is submitted and approved by the Ministry of Manpower
- A final proposal for HR digitalization
10 (ten) months of the initial contract with the possibility of extension subject to individual performance evaluation, budget availability, and future needs.
Terms of Payment
Daily-rate-based consultant with a maximum of 15(fifteen) working days per month
Must have the authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Consultant rate: Consultant rate is commensurate with experience and skills.
Qualified applicants should apply online through the WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 17 July 2022 . We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect. The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges, and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The World Resources Institute ( http://www.wri.org ) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.