Consultant as Restoration and Behavioral Research Analyst
World Resources Institute
22 days ago
What You Will Do
- Assist to develop and advance research on restoration impact analysis and publish the research as knowledge product.
- Advancing research on Nature-based Solutions (NBS) as an adaptation strategy and investment methods to be internalized in individual and corporate’s sustainability and climate action.
- Support in reviewing partnerships, agencies, communities of practice, and projects that serve as potential future collaborators and showcase local leadership and innovative approaches to Nature-based Solutions (NBS) interventions.
- Contribute to behavioral strategic research to help improve technology-based emission monitoring process.
- Support the identification and progressing of new types of analytical tool relevant to the project’s objective.
- Facilitate meetings and capacity building trainings with various relevant stakeholders in EMISI project context.
- Co-lead engagement and project management with restoration partners regarding restoration activity projects.
- Co-develop proposal for restoration project to potential donor in EMISI, including fund disbursement system.
- Support in preparing and delivering communication with donors regarding the restoration project.
- Manage all restoration data submitted by restoration partners according to data management system.
- Evaluate and develop restoration data management system including data collection guidelines, tools and online database system
- Active involvement of searching new restoration partners and assessing their suitability to involve in EMISI.
- Develop messaging strategy and content to support climate behavior change driven by technology.
- Closely engage with relevant WRI researchers, operations and business support teams at national or regional teams.
What You Will Need
- Familiarity in dealing with data collection, data management and impact analysis in both qualitative and quantitative method.
- Familiarity in restoration and conservation world includes type of restoration activities, location and organisation who work on restoration across Indonesia.
- Familiarity with behavioral change strategy pertaining to climate neutrality and forest restoration
- Owns the ability to attractively visualize narratives & data in a compact & presentable form through various graphics.
- Strong analytical skill with strong attention to detail, mixed with highly responsible and self-motivated attitude.
- Strong understanding on the basics of restoration initiatives in the climate change industry would be a plus.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia, with language fluency and basic understanding of both local culture and English.
- Improved partnership implementation and system with EMISI’s restoration partners.
- Improved Restoration Database and Management System within EMISI and for its restoration partners.
- Conducted one proposal for behavioral change research pertaining to climate neutrality and restoration.
- Drafted one knowledge product and one blogpost on restoration impact analysis.
Terms of Payment
What we offer
- Consultant rate that is commensurate with experience and skills
- Travel insurance for both domestic and international for any travel duty as assigned by WRI Indonesia
- Access to the WRI global network
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through WRI career portal.
Application close: 1700 ( DKI Jakarta local time ), 22 September 2022 . We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation.