Video Test Engineer
World Resources Institute
Irving, TX, United States
19 days ago
Location: Irving, TX
Looking for a video test engineer with good testing skills for quality assurance of our video solutions for a world class customer experience. With his / her deep understanding of video applications and related features, he / she shall be able to help deliver great quality products and services to our customers. Must have test and integration experience, not looking for a static tester. Should know what he/she is testing and why, and in addition to testing he/she shall analyze why something doesn’t work. Specific tasks of this role include:
· Smoke testing of weekly releases
· Regression testing for all features
· Test Automation - Development & execution of Test Automation scripts
· Reporting and Tracking bugs to closure.
· 5+ years of experience in quality assurance of video-centric applications.
· Bachelor's in Engineering - Computer Science, Information technology, or a similar degree.
· STB Domain Knowledge - Clear understanding of end to end solution - back office to headend to set top box.
· Fair knowledge on various Audio & Video file formats, Encoding & Decoding, Encryption, Multiplexing, Digital transmission, Multicast & Unicast.
· Hands-on experience on STB applications UI and features like Guide, VOD, DVR, MRDVR, Parental Controls and other user settings.
· Well versed with Testing Techniques and methodologies.
· Hands-on experience in writing & prioritizing Test cases, Executing and Bug Reporting.
· Should have an experience in writing automated scripts using Python.
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Shall be knowledgeable in using Linux and Shell Scripting
· Good analytical skills
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $60.00 - $75.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Software development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Speak with the employer