P4G National Platform Consultant, Vietnam
World Resources Institute
3 days ago
About the Program:
P4G – Partnering for Green Growth and the Global Goals 2030 – is a global initiative that brings together business, government, and civil society organizations in innovative public-private partnerships. We focus on breakthrough solutions that help our partner countries meet their climate commitments under the Paris Agreement and their Sustainable Development Goals in five key areas: food and agriculture, water, energy, cities, and circular economy. P4G supports innovative partnerships to become global models for sustainable solutions. In addition, through global convening moments such as the P4G Summit, we showcase the most innovative partnerships driving sustainable development in the world.
We currently work with 12 partner countries: Bangladesh, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Republic of Korea, South Africa, and Vietnam. P4G has five partner organizations, namely the Cities Climate Leadership Group (C40), Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Economic Forum (WEF), and World Resources Institute (WRI). P4G is managed by a Global Hub hosted by WRI and is overseen by a Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Each partner country establishes a National Platform to engage relevant country stakeholders and progress partnerships.
WRI intends to award a consultant a five-month contract, with the possibility for extension, to support P4G to further its mission in Bangladesh, including outreach to key stakeholders in government and the private sector, support for existing P4G partnerships in the country, and the sourcing of innovative private-public partnership applications aligned with P4G’s funding criteria and the National Platform’s priorities for sustainable development. This work will involve government engagement, private-sector outreach, and project management activities. The ideal candidate is someone versed in both the private and public sectors.
P4G seeks a part-time consultant based in Hanoi to support Vietnam’s P4G National Platform, including outreach to key stakeholders in government and the private sector, support for existing P4G partnerships in the country, and the sourcing of innovative private-public partnerships applications aligned with P4G’s funding criteria and the National Platform’s priorities for sustainable development. This work will involve government engagement, private-sector outreach, and project management activities. You will be supported by the P4G Global Hub. This position is fully remote but requires in-person meetings with stakeholders and occasional travel.
What you will do:
It is anticipated that the position will require 20 hours per week.
National Platforms (40%):
Support the country’s National Platform (NP)
- Actively engage NP co-chairs and their designated staff in P4G-related activities
- Convene NP co-chairs meeting
- Prepare relevant documents for NP to engage in Phase 2 and manage through any staffing transitions (eg, MOUs, recommitment letters, briefing materials for new country board members and/or focal points)
- Develop and implement NP Action Plans in conjunction with NP and Hub.
- Support NP in furthering the development-investment agenda in the country
Oversee and accelerate P4G partnerships and develop partnership pipeline.
- Oversee P4G partnerships active in the country, including convening regular update calls with partnerships, coordinating with Global Hub and National Platforms on any issues, and preparing periodic update reports
- Active acceleration of at least 2 priority current partnerships and NP meeting with all current partnerships at least once. Convene meetings with Partnerships, including facilitating introductions to relevant ministries and hosting workshops
- Develop a network to source partnerships that are a P4G fit d. Originate 2-4 high-potential prospective partnerships and support concept note development
- Facilitate P4G advice on partnerships even beyond P4G funding, and connect to alternative investors and/or funding sources
P4G Engagement (20%):
Coordinate P4G engagement with a partner country to increase knowledge of P4G in-country and grow the ecosystem holistically.
- Outreach to broader country stakeholders including government ministry(ies), private sector, and entrepreneur network
- Organizing and/or contributing to global high-level events that are important to P4G and NP priorities
- Support NP engagement in P4G Board meetings, Summit,s and relevant events
- Arrange P4G Mission Trips to country
- Establishment/recommitment of NP co-chairs and stakeholders including government ministry(ies) (core economic/development/ planning ministries), private sector (business associations), and if possible, entrepreneur network
- Successful meeting of NP co-chairs
- Signing of relevant documents for NP to engage in Phase 2 and manage through any staffing transitions (eg, MOUs, recommitment letters, briefing materials for new country board members and/or focal points)
- NP Action Plan as approved by NP co-chairs
- Update reports to Global Hub and NP on active P4G partnerships in the country
- Meeting summary(ies) of NP meetings with all current partnerships
- Summary of acceleration activities of at least 2 current partnerships, for example hosting workshops
- Establishment of the network(s) and contacts to source partnerships that are a P4G fit
- Concept notes advised by the consultant and submitted by applicants for 2-4 high-potential prospective partnerships
Coordinate P4G engagement with partner countries to increase knowledge of P4G in-country and grow the ecosystem holistically.
- Country representation in global high-level events, as relevant
- Country representation in P4G Board meetings and relevant events
- Successful P4G Mission Trips to the country.
What you will need:
Education: Postgraduate degree in a relevant field, ie. Business, finance, international development, and development studies are preferred. An undergraduate university degree is required; we will accept additional years of highly relevant experience in lieu of a postgraduate degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly relevant experience, working with the private sector and government.
- Experience in the private sector developing, evaluating, financing, or implementing business opportunities in Vietnam
- Experience engaging with government officials in Vietnam
- Experience working in multi-stakeholder groups, as well as experience working with international development and/or finance agencies
- Project management experience, ideally in business, policy, or sustainable development
- Demonstrated knowledge or expertise in one or more of P4G’s technical sectors is desired. These include Food and Agriculture, Energy, Water, Cities, and the Circular Economy.
- Experience working in a challenging, cross-sectoral, multi-cultural, fast-paced environments and the ability to work independently are a must.
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with others and with the highest standards of integrity
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
Languages: Fluency in both English and the host country's language in written and oral communications is required.
Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the US.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a cover letter by the date of (insert the date and write out the month). You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
About Us: Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
Our culture: WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.