Senior Research Manager - Air Quality
World Resources Institute
3 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
The selected candidate will focus on setting up local monitoring systems and support identification and adoption of innovative methods for source attribution. The candidate will work closely with stakeholders. The candidate will have the opportunity to provide inputs towards development of air quality watch platform. The ambition of air quality watch platform is to bring the cutting edge of science and information innovation closer to communities who can use the information to drive change
The candidate will actively participate in development activities such as identifying and writing proposals, engaging with partners and other opportunities. The candidate will be required to independently manage research projects, resources, stakeholder engagement, travel and represent WRI at various platforms.
How your day will unfold:
The candidate will handle a range of program responsibilities. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute analysis, produce project reports and presentations on topical areas
- Implementation of advance publications by identifying research gaps, cultivate ideas and author or co-author knowledge products (e.g., reports, briefs, data-products) around bus transport
- On-groundwork closely with the sectors related to air pollution to identify opportunities for impactful research
- Create material to communicate IRT’s Cities work in India, including analytical content to non-technical audiences, media, and stakeholders.
- Attend and present work at national workshops, conferences, seminars as necessary
- Work with experts and researchers to facilitate development of high-quality research
- Design and hold periodic seminars for capacity building and solicit input and feedback on the same
Qualifications and requirements we seek:
- Master’s degree in Air Quality, Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development, Engineering, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Transport, Economic Development, or a related discipline (PhD preferable).
- Minimum 10 years of highly relevant, full-time work experience. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing
- Highly organized and detail-oriented thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to understand and transfer skills and knowledge to a breadth of specialty areas
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build a strong network of professional relationships
- Comfort working with staff at all levels of experience
Salary and Benefits: INR 20,00,000 to INR 24,00,000 CTC
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Delhi, India
Duration: 3 years (Extendable based on performance and project requirements)
List of Documents to be attached:
Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing samples
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.