Senior Project Associate - Clean Energy Transition in MSME
World Resources Institute
3 days ago
Senior Project Associate - Clean Energy Transition in MSME
Who we are and what we do?
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, World Resources Institute puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India.
Program Overview for Energy
The objective of the WRI India energy program is to inform and guide India’s transition to cleaner energy. The program focuses on three inter-related aspects of this energy transition: enhancing energy access, scaling renewables among specific consumer categories, and achieving higher levels of energy and buildings efficiency. Our energy access work is specifically aimed at ensuring access to affordable and clean energy so as to improve socio-economic development in rural and remote regions of India. Through strong research, ground-level implementation experience, partnerships with key stakeholders and communicating our work, we seek to achieve impact at scale.
About your role:
WRI India is seeking a Senior Project Associate - Clean Energy Transition in MSMEs to work and support the Energy team which currently works on projects spanning clean energy, energy access, and energy transitions. Reporting to the Senior Manager in charge of New Technologies and Industrial Decarbonization, the Senior Project Associate will provide support for the project, financial, and administrative tasks and help achieve WRI’s outcomes by delivering research and outreach on clean energy for MSMEs, Industrial parks and Commercial & Industrial (C&I) consumers in India
How your day will unfold:
- Support the team in their efforts aimed at clean energy transition and just transition across MSMEs and C&I consumers.
- Coordinate with industrial associations, state government, and other relevant stakeholders for data collection and implementation of demonstration projects.
- Conduct stakeholder convening and interviews, consultations, and other engagement with cluster associations, Industry experts, policymakers and government officials as needed throughout the project
- Lead, conduct, and guide research, and reports (online and print) on trends, tools and business models in the clean energy space aimed at C&I customers.
- Document implementation of the project and assist with project-relevant blog posts and other communication documents.
- Assist in the organizing of internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences, and other dissemination activities
- Ensure timely submission of deliverables and regular reporting
- Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree with a specialization in engineering/science/management/economics or related field
- Minimum 4-7 years of relevant full-time work experience in the energy sector, especially in renewable energy and energy efficiency with MSMEs and industries
- Demonstrated track record of excellent project management and delivering results
- Excellent qualitative and/or quantitative research and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and internet research
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams of individuals and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in writing policy briefs/publications and delivering presentations.
- Preferably BEE Certified Energy Manager/Auditor
Salary and Benefits: INR 11,00,000 to INR 13,00,000
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 1 year (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Start Date: At the earliest
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter (outlining your interest and suitability for the position)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Finalized candidate may be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.