Senior Program Associate - EV Charging
World Resources Institute
3 days ago
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
How your day will unfold:
- Develop, execute, and optimize scripts for data acquisition, processing, analysis, and modelling on projects related to EV Charging infrastructure
- Work with project teams to assess and organize complex data assets from a variety of sources for spatial modeling, preferable experience with remote sensing and GIS data
- Conduct data exploration and quantitative research, implement algorithms and provide customized analytical solutions and insights to meet project requirements
Qualifications and requirements we seek:
- Master’s Degree in Transport Engineering, Transport Planning or Urban Planning.
- Post masters- 4 to 7 years of work experience in the area of transport planning, freight transport preferably Medium and Heavy Duty Vehicles, light duty vehicles and urban supply chain and distribution, last mile connectivity, logistics policy, capacity building etc
- Candidates with experience on electrification of freight, exposure to technology and EV financing will be preferred
- Fluency in English is required for this position. Any other regional language would be added advantage
- Experience working with Government, civic groups, research institutions and private sector on urban transport projects.
- Be able to take on the Responsibilities described above with a high level of independence.
- Be well-versed with the analytical tools, computer software, literature, they and current developments in the areas of sustainable urban transport and road safety
- Important attributes for this position are innovativeness, independence, confidence, passion, analytical mindset, structured thinking, research-oriented, team-player, strong communication skills
- Lastly, the candidate must strongly subscribe to the principles of sustainable transport and sustainable development
- Experience in academic writing and publishing to produce high quality research publications.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods including primary and secondary data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of policy analysis methodologies to identify gaps and potential areas of reform
- Proficiency in MS Office and at least one data visualization tool.
- Knowledge about freight transport market with strong market research skills and ability to run outreach program for collaborative
- Strong analytical skills with hands on experience in data analytics advanced Excel tools
- Hands on experience with spatial analytical tools like Arc GIS and any other open source applications. Ability to generate data visualisations on maps
- Ability to work individually and in team, highly responsible and self-motivated, excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, think creatively, work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure.
- Willing to learn quickly, work in fast-paced constantly changing environment, work with tight deadlines and willing to travel on work at short notice.
Salary and Benefits: 11,00,000 to 13,00,000 PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Delhi/Mumbai, India
Duration: 6 Months (Extendable based on performance and project requirements)
List of Documents to be attached:
Cover letter explaining how your academic background and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing samples
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.