Senior Communications Associate - Graphic Designer, Climate Program
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Climate:
At WRI India’s Climate Program, we focus on integrated solutions that can enable a low-carbon transition in India, while ensuring that the transition is equitable and just for its people and protects natural resources. Through applied research, the use of frameworks and tools, partnerships with key stakeholders and ground-level implementation, we seek to achieve impact at scale.
About your role:
As the Senior Associate, Design, you will support the Climate Program at WRI India. The position requires the candidate to be creative, a strong visual artist, meticulous and enthusiastic. An interest in and understanding of environmental issues, the social sector and/or international development is highly desirable. The work will entail ideating concepts and creating informative and innovative communications products and infographics that convey our research visually. The position also requires you to familiarize yourself with WRI India's design principles, brand guidelines, and product templates and be the final check for a number of design products.
How your day will unfold:
- Understanding WRI brand guidelines and adapting them to deliver design projects in the most effective manner.
- Creating designs or working with vendors to deliver all types of communications materials – i.e., newsletters, reports, infographics, data visualization, collaterals, presentations, brochures, flyers, posters and collaterals for digital platforms.
- Creating powerful social media graphics and infographics.
- Designing interactive and engaging PowerPoint presentations.
- Designing graphics for videos.
- Layout and designing of communications materials for events and workshops including backdrop, standees, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, invitation cards, merchandise.
- Designing logos and brand identities for specific key projects.
- Developing and executing creative ways to translate research and policy recommendations into compelling storylines, including through multimedia online content such as videos, photos, and infographics.
- Coordinating with vendors for the printing of brochures and banners.
- Master’s Degree/Bachelor’s degree in Design/Communications with relevant communication design experience of minimum 4-5 years.
- Candidates with experience in working with research organizations / think-tanks will be preferred.
- Candidates with an Indian design ethic/ sensibility more than a commercial/ corporate design ethic will be preferred. Prior experience engaging with rural communities/ India’s traditional artisanal heritage would be welcomed.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign is a mandate. Strong graphic design skills include proficiency in all standard design software, including presentation applications such as PowerPoint, among others.
- Knowledge and experience in managing and supervising printers and other vendors are a must
- Additional skill sets in basic video editing, photo documentation and template-based software (such as Canva) will be considered a plus.
- Animation skills and experience would be desirable.
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong communication skills, including written and oral communications.
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate with multiple team members
- Ability to coordinate with and oversee the work of multiple vendors / freelancers at any given time.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
Salary and Benefits: INR 11,00,000 to INR 13,00,000 CTC
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 1 year (extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Delhi/Bangalore/Mumbai, India
Start Date: At the earliest
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter (outlining your interest and suitability for the position)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do - from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.